XB271HK image not reaching bezels

Jubee
Jubee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I just bought a HB271HK and the picture isn't quite right.  There are ~1/3" black bars on the top of the screen and on both sides.  The image touches the bottom of the screen properly.  I've tried looking through the Nvidia control panel for the image scaling settings but both the X and Y axis are already at 100%.  I also talked to Acer phone support and the guy took 45 minutes to tell me to try switching Wide Mode to Full (it already was) and then to just test with the other 4k capable gaming PC I obviously just have laying around my house.  What else can I check?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    can you take a picture and post it?
    you will need to upload somewhere and put the link here.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jubee
    IronFly said:
    can you take a picture and post it?
    you will need to upload somewhere and put the link here.
    Sure.  I'll take a pic when I get home from work.  Probably 5 hours from now.
  • Jubee
    imgur dot com/a/RIGA2

There is the album.  Notice in the first pic, the image touches the bottom bezel but not the right side.  And in the second, notice how the picture doesn't touch the top, nor the left side.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    i think it's better if you call Acer support service or the seller, since i can't find a good reference picture of your monitor.
    on some pics looks even worse than yours, in other it looks like a full image without black borders:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/09/acer-predator-xb271hk-4k-g-sync-gaming-monitor-review
    https://www.tomshw.it/recensione-acer-predator-xb271hk-27-pollici-uhd-g-sync-78526
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Atherion
    Atherion Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just got this monitor too, and I noticed too, it is not going edge to edge.
    I am on Windows 10
    Nvidia  Geforce 1070 Display Port
  • Atherion
    Atherion Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am looking at the models now on Newegg and Amazon and comparing that to the models on Acer website.
    The ZeroFrame spec it claims on the Acer website is a total lie. I can't find any model that has a tiny bezel and goes edge to edge.
    Please check the marketing site here ht tps://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-xb1-series
    and all the models here ht tps://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-models/monitors/predatorxb1

None of them have the claimed ZeroFrame this is false advertisement.