Predator Helios 300 has badly limited BIOS settings; unlock possible?

Espionage724
Espionage724 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
This laptop offers barely any useful BIOS settings. I read somewhere that someone was able to get a glimpse of advanced settings somehow with a Helios 300, but lost it upon reboot.

I decompiled the SetupUtility for my laptop and see there's tons of hidden settings available. Is there any way to unlock the settings for this laptop (aside from SPI reader + modded BIOS)?

Best Answer

• Espionage724
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    adamo000 said:

I decompiled the SetupUtility for my laptop and see there's tons of hidden settings available. Is there any way to unlock the settings for this laptop (aside from SPI reader + modded BIOS)?
    What kind of hidden settings for example? 
    Here's a video of the settings:

https://youtu.be/uJV3Rtmb7Jk

I ended up using a hardware flasher and having someone over at Bios Mods create the BIOS. I also ran it through me_cleaner to remove Intel ME while I was at it (that's why the ME section in the video above has a bunch of broken values).

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    i think there's a better community where to ask it. :)
    bios mod community ;)
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon

• Espionage724
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    adamo000 said:

Here's a video of the settings:

https://youtu.be/uJV3Rtmb7Jk

I ended up using a hardware flasher and having someone over at Bios Mods create the BIOS. I also ran it through me_cleaner to remove Intel ME while I was at it (that's why the ME section in the video above has a bunch of broken values).
  • theforgetfulbuddha
    theforgetfulbuddha Member Posts: 3 New User
    I just recently updated my BIOS to 1.24 and I was wondering if with this unlocked bios that you're using if you're able to control the backlight timeout because now all the sudden the backlight on the keyboard times out after 30 seconds which really annoys the s*** out of me so much I'm about to go return the laptop. 
    I don't see how anyone thought it was a good idea to make the backlight on a keyboard turn off after 30 seconds and then not give people an option to modify the time out or to disable it completely I'm so irritated by this and I'm hoping that you have an answer or solution.
  • Espionage724
    I just recently updated my BIOS to 1.24 and I was wondering if with this unlocked bios that you're using if you're able to control the backlight timeout
    I no longer have this laptop, but I don't recall seeing a backlight timeout option for the keyboard.