Acer One 10 S1003 keyboard (dock)

dashrath
dashrath Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The keyboard of my notebook broke while I was flipping it. Currently I am able to use it as a tablet only. 
I could not find the dock anywhere, not in any online store.
Where could I buy the keyboard for this notebook.
Can I purchase it directly from Acer India (if yes, then where could I get that).
Really the built quality of the dock is not upto the point (poor built quality).
But I would be more than happy if I could get it from Acer directly ASAP.

Answers

• Hello,
    As far as I know, you can only buy the spare parts to repair your docking keyboard. Which part would you need exactly?
    France
  • dashrath
    Please check the images for the broken part.
    (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHy4JLnmwkSsOw2UzkV_3vIQY-Nho5MJ/view)
    or
    (http://bit.ly/acers1003dock)
    or
    (https://ibb.co/c2T1dG)
    Actually both the clips (the part that hold the tablet) are broken. But if I would place the tablet with a rear support then it works completely fine, there's no such problem with the working of dock but only the clips are broken.
    I am not able to find the spare parts. Could you please provide the link for the spare part (if available)
  • Pompwa
    Pompwa Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    if only the clips of the docking are broken you can ask for the part called ''hinge''. you can do the repair by yourself very easy. But you can always send your docking to a repair centre
  • Hi dashrath,
    Sorry for the delay. Here is the part number of the part needed:
    Part number
    Description
    60.LCQN8.003 HINGE.ASSY

You should contact your regional customer service.

France
  • dashrath
    But where could I buy this spare part. Could not find it anywhere online.
    (india)
  • KoderTan45
    KoderTan45 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2018
    How to fix no bootable device, hit any key, 
    Ace one 10 s1003-16uh pls help... Asap
  • ndl318
    ndl318 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    @KoderTan45 you need usb keyboard, the device wont read original keyboard when booting

@dashrath have you consider logitech keyboard option? I think it is really good, 99 ussd
  • Larachan
    Larachan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Not sure if anyone is looking for an answer to this question at this point, but I had the same problem and talked to Acer's Customer Support. They were pretty helpful and confirmed that they do not sell a replacement keyboard. The only option they have on their end is a bluetooth keyboard, which is not even the right size for the tablet. They, however, gave me the contact information of the supplier who makes the keyboard for Acer One 10. I was just on the phone with them and they told me they would replace the hinge if I mailed my keyboard to them. The price was reasonable (although more expensive than a bluetooth keyboard), so I decided to go with it. It will be done in two weeks. They were quite nice. 
  • abcmatele
    abcmatele Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Larchan can you give the keyboard suppliers contact details I need to replace my keyboard hinges
  • abcmatele
    abcmatele Member Posts: 2 New User
    Larachan said:
    Not sure if anyone is looking for an answer to this question at this point, but I had the same problem and talked to Acer's Customer Support. They were pretty helpful and confirmed that they do not sell a replacement keyboard. The only option they have on their end is a bluetooth keyboard, which is not even the right size for the tablet. They, however, gave me the contact information of the supplier who makes the keyboard for Acer One 10. I was just on the phone with them and they told me they would replace the hinge if I mailed my keyboard to them. The price was reasonable (although more expensive than a bluetooth keyboard), so I decided to go with it. It will be done in two weeks. They were quite nice. 
    Hi Larchan can you give the keyboard suppliers contact details I need to replace my keyboard hinge as it is broken.
  • xxDSI
    xxDSI Member Posts: 1 New User
    dashrath said:
    But where could I buy this spare part. Could not find it anywhere online.
    (india)

Brother did you do find that part anywhere ?? Please inform... Because I am facing the same problem.. Text on Instagram at @__dsi or on facebFac at xxDSI

• chikasalami
    chikasalami Member Posts: 1 New User
    dear larchan pls has you laptop returned in one piece , i have same challenge as you and i need to replace my keyboard and even the screen
  • Dipak53
    Dipak53 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    Hi.. my keyboard not working i guese that connection wire is not working when i moved it then worked but for some time... How can i fix it... Can i get it repaired from service center
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    >>>i moved it then worked but for some time.>>>

Remove the connector. Then re-insert the connector. Do this a few times to try to clean the contacts inside the connectors. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ