Should I keep my Laptop (Predator Helios 300 - G3-572) plugged in all the time?

BhavookSingh
BhavookSingh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

editado março 2023 em Arquivo de 2017
As the Laptop performs best, when it is plugged in, what is better for Laptop and Battery health? To keep it plugged in all the time, or to empty it before charging or to empty it half and than recharge ?

Melhor resposta

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Responder ✓
    It does not hurt to leave them plugged in. Once the battery hits 100%, the circuitry bypasses the battery. If it didn't, the battery would explode.

You should not constantly drain and charge it if you can avoid it. Lithium-ion batteries are only good for a certain amount of "charge cycles", so the more the battery is drained and charged, the less charge it holds. However, I think every week or two you should perform a drain and recharge on it as was custom to make sure the battery can still hold a charge.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Respostas

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Responder ✓
    It does not hurt to leave them plugged in. Once the battery hits 100%, the circuitry bypasses the battery. If it didn't, the battery would explode.

You should not constantly drain and charge it if you can avoid it. Lithium-ion batteries are only good for a certain amount of "charge cycles", so the more the battery is drained and charged, the less charge it holds. However, I think every week or two you should perform a drain and recharge on it as was custom to make sure the battery can still hold a charge.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss