Wifi Connectivity issue with helios 300

PsychoMo
PsychoMo Member Posts: 3 New User
editado março 2023 em Arquivo de 2017
I got my laptop about 2 weeks ago .. and after installing some apps i started noticing that when the laptop is turned on
it says *connected but no internet* that lasts for about 10 minutes *doesn't do that when connected to ethernet*
and when i try troubleshooting it . it says the problem is a wrong ip config but that solves it till the next shutdown and boot up only

can anybody help ?

the laptop is on the latest drivers and bios update on everything

Melhor resposta

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Responder ✓
    OK so I may need a little information, are you using any type on VPN/proxy software. Did any of these apps include security software or an antivirus. Try what I have below first before responding and we can go from there.

Try this stuff if you have not already. IDK your experience so we will start at the basics.

First, try restarting your home router and modem. Restart your laptop at the same time so its all fresh. If this don't help, try the next stuff.

Second, download the Wireless driver. Right-click the start button, open Device Manager, and view the Network adapters. Find either the Qualcomm Atheros or Intel drivers and uninstall it by right-clicking it and uninstalling it. Restart your laptop. Windows will install a generic wireless driver and you can test your internet on the wireless driver first. Then update the driver using the one you downloaded and test again.

Hopefully this will get you on a route to figuring what is going on.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Respostas

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Responder ✓
    OK so I may need a little information, are you using any type on VPN/proxy software. Did any of these apps include security software or an antivirus. Try what I have below first before responding and we can go from there.

Try this stuff if you have not already. IDK your experience so we will start at the basics.

First, try restarting your home router and modem. Restart your laptop at the same time so its all fresh. If this don't help, try the next stuff.

Second, download the Wireless driver. Right-click the start button, open Device Manager, and view the Network adapters. Find either the Qualcomm Atheros or Intel drivers and uninstall it by right-clicking it and uninstalling it. Restart your laptop. Windows will install a generic wireless driver and you can test your internet on the wireless driver first. Then update the driver using the one you downloaded and test again.

Hopefully this will get you on a route to figuring what is going on.

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • PsychoMo
    PsychoMo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks alot !!! i think that solved the problem ..but i'm going to do a factory reset for some reason ..will that affect it again ?
  • I would say it will probably NOT happen again if you factory reset, but if it does happen we can get it working again.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss