Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Revo M1-601 - BIOS Power options

ivan360ivan360 Posts: 1Member

There is another post with this subject, it's marked as solved but really it's not solved... why?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Ideas/Acer-Revo-M1-601-BIOS-Power-options/m-p/461153

Comments

• Acer_IdeasAcer_Ideas Posts: 285Member Practitioner

Hi Ivan.  You make a very good point.  As the 'Ideas Manager' I review the idea submissions and act as a sort of filter to identify the good ideas and present them to the design team for consideration.  I can make the case to them, but that doesn't mean I always win the discussion.  So when I posted that the issue was 'solved', it means that it had been escalated to the appropriate team for action, which is all I can do.  It does NOT mean that the requested action was taken.  In more recent times I have stopped using the 'solved' status because it may be mis-leading.  I'm glad you asked, but the Revo issue seems to be one that was escalated but no change was made in the design.

• martin998martin998 Posts: 1Member New User
    Yes, this is ridiculous. I have had to replace my Revo with a new machine ( NOT Asus !). Since my stroke I have to have all my computers come back on automatically after power off situations. They all function except the Revo. No attempt whatsoever has been made to remedy this and as a result I shall never buy any Asus product again. BIOS mods are not impossible for large corporations like Asus. All it means is that they just don't care.