Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

8-10 Inch Gaming Tablet with Nvidia Gpu

aajaira_idaajaira_id Posts: 23Member Troubleshooter
edited February 5 in Acer Ideas

Acerrr....I'd Love to get some Gaming Tablets 8-10 inches with Nvidia GPU and Ci5 Cpu running Windows 10 or latest. Please Please Please! Make That Happen! Priced to the Minimum for Maximum Sales! (I'm Sure most gamers cannot afford expensive toys So Please Keep the Cost Low for these Tablets....Pleease!)...This should also be a good addition to your powerful new tablets line up (namely ipad/surface killer!).

Comments

• Acer_IdeasAcer_Ideas Posts: 285Member Practitioner

Man, you don't want much, do you aajaira?  A powerful gaming machine with Nvidia GPU built into a 10 inch tablet for a cheap price.  And I would like a drunken Kate Upton in a micro-bikini riding a white horse in my back yard.  Both things are equally likely to happen.  Smiley Very Happy ................. wait, what were we talking about again?  Oh, ya-ya...

Seriously though, I can pass along your request to the gaming team, but I'm not too sure that we have more gaming tablets in our future.  For starters, the problem is trying to squeeze all that 'punch' into a skinny little tablet design.   Then if we do manage to pack it all in, it becomes quite costly, it's heavy, it has heat challenges, etc.  And then for the cost required of a device like that the performance just can't be up to providing the gaming experience that solid gamers like you have become accustomed to.  So it's a good dream, aa, but don't start holding your breath just yet.

• jorge1170xjorge1170x Posts: 38Member Troubleshooter

I'm curious, why do you desire it so small? Once you factor in the need to carry the controller around as well, then you will still need some type of bag, so why not just put a "slim" gaming laptop in that bag instead? And since you are never going to game standing up, why a tablet at all? (I'm just curious, not bashing) Eventually, Alienware and others will make smaller, capable gaming laptops at lower price points.

I personally view gaming "portability" 100% differently. My own crazy dream is to have a massive (23-27") all-in-one gaming tablet that includes on-board storage (and charging of course) for two controllers, a keyboard, and a gaming mouse. All the while still being very easy to unplug and move at a moment's notice, without any bag or case needed.

Ultimate Portable Gaming All-In-One.jpg

• aajaira_idaajaira_id Posts: 23Member Troubleshooter

Well....I'd want it to be so small so that I could just slide it into my pocket or play on it while holding it in my hands....something like the Razer Edge Pro, or even better...the GPD Win which is ultra portable, and easy to carry around with you anywhere, anytime. 

Well....even if they come up with another Acer tablet/Slate with Razer Edge Pro i.e. Yesterday's technology....It'd Still be a decent gaming device and should be able to run most games at above 30 fps in Med/Low graphics settings. And using yesterday's tech should cut down on the cost too!

And your Idea's not that bad too...but, one thing that I find confusing is that If I'd be carrying a bag then I might as well just carry an all-in-one desktop in it, along with controllers and Keyboards?

Also the Ipega 9023 controller just attaches to tablets below 10 inches, so, I'd prefer smaller screen, so that I could just connect to that controller, and enjoy console quality gaming (at lower settings of course) on a handheld without the need to stream it from other devices. 

Ah, I see. Well, I think your desire will be fulfilled eventually. It's just a matter of technology catching up.

My idea is kind of a hybrid. Not really "portable" like a laptop or tablet, but easy to pack up and move into another room if company arrives, take across the street to game with firends, or throw in the back seat of your car, without having to worry about a cable-filled bag or un-charged items like controllers sitting at the bottom of that bag right when I nee them to be charged and ready to play. Here, everything is set up and ready to go at all times. It's like a portable Desktop Gaming PC.

Yes, It is understandable, there is something similar to that, that is available in the market for Xbox one and Ps4, which allows you to add a tv screen into the case. It's called a gaming travel case. However, they are quite bulky....kind of, but good for organizing all the gaming stuff. 

But yeah, like you said, you cannot carry that into your office. It's only good if you are travelling.

And Also I hope they make one of those tablets/slates in the near future since that kind of tech is out in the market for a while. I believe I'm not asking too much as like Kate upton riding in my back yard. I hope my message gets forwarded to the gaming team.

You and I are on the same page on a lot things. I too, want to own a GPDWIN, but not this one, I want like the fourth generation of it, when it can actually game lol! And I too own quite a few of those iPega controllers. I can tell you friend, that bluetooth is NOT OK. There is input lag and there's no way around it. Sadly we will have to wait until technology catches up to our wishes. The best thing out there now is the JXD singularity, with its big beatiful hard-wired buttons attached to an great screen, but it only runs android, not windows Smiley Sad

Yeah, The Jxd Singularity is Android, That's the problem, cause all the AAA games actually come out on PC....ie. Windows!

That's Why I would Want Windows Gaming Tablet! And Cheap Ofcourse! (so that I might get more than one and also because My Primary Gaming device would be a gaming Desktop or Gaming Laptop like Acer Predator!)

But yeah, even if they don't want to make Gaming Tablets, Even Implementing NVidia Graphics on their 8-10 inches aspire tablet would make it a decent gaming machine.

Yeah, the GPD Win is a decent Gaming Device, even if not with a dedicated gpu for gaming.

It would be nice if newer Acer tablets (8-10 inches) have Nvidia Gpu in them, that should run new games at decent 30 fps at low settings. 

Even if they are not dedicated gaming tablets like Acer Predator, they should still be a decent gaming machine that would pack a punch with addition of Nvidia Graphics along with Aspire name on it if not Predator!

And not to forget....Windows 10 (latest) in it....gaming tablet with ci5 and Nvidia gpu.

I think new Core M3 (Kaby lake or newer) with (entry level) Nvidia gpu should do just fine too.....along with windows 10 and around 8-10 inch screen (preferably ~9 inch).

I'm sure a lot of people will be itchy to get their hands on a Windows 10 (or latest) tablet right now that should be a successor to the Nvidia shield tablet, for gaming on the go. Also people who's been using a razor edge pro tablet for a while would be looking for an upgrade by now. New windows tablet with nvidia gpu should sell like hot cakes right now since there are a lot of tablet gamers these days and no windows gaming tablet with nvidia graphics out there for a while!

• SoundSound Posts: 1Member New User

I think new Core M3 (Kaby lake or newer) with (entry level) Nvidia gpu should do just fine too.....along with windows 10 and around 8-10 inch screen (preferably ~9 inch).

I'm sure a lot of people will be itchy to get their hands on a Windows 10 (or latest) tablet right now that should be a successor to the Nvidia shield tablet, for gaming on the go. Also people who's been using a razor edge pro tablet for a while would be looking for an upgrade by now. New windows tablet with nvidia gpu should sell like hot cakes right now since there are a lot of tablet gamers these days and no windows gaming tablet with nvidia graphics out there for a while!

Finally someone is speaking what i think to myself for almost two years now. I am very excited for the release of the Acer switch 7 convertible because this masterpiece is going to have a nvidia mx150 gpu. I gotta totally agree with you on the point that windows tablets with a nvidia gpu will sell like hot cakes. Thank you Acer for producing this. 
    edited January 18
    Sound said:

Finally someone is speaking what i think to myself for almost two years now. I am very excited for the release of the Acer switch 7 convertible because this masterpiece is going to have a nvidia mx150 gpu. I gotta totally agree with you on the point that windows tablets with a nvidia gpu will sell like hot cakes. Thank you Acer for producing this. 

Yes, I think it is a fantastic Windows tablet....Would be even more awesome, and I would totally definitely get it if they would be kind enough to make some XINPUT Gaming dock for it with all the XBOX One controller Buttons in the Dock. It would make a perfect companion for a gamer....a Gamer's Dream Come True! Please Acer, Do this one for the Gamers! 
  • dstraussdstrauss Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

Sound said:

If only the Acer Switch 7 were a real product. Announced for delivery in North America in December 2017, then slipped to "this month (January)" at CES, and now it is silently AWOL. Is that vaporware, or an overheated processor/gpu, that I smell?
    edited May 13

Acerrr....I'd Love to get some Gaming Tablets 8-10 inches with Nvidia GPU and Ci5 Cpu running Windows 10 or latest. Please Please Please! Make That Happen! Priced to the Minimum for Maximum Sales! (I'm Sure most gamers cannot afford expensive toys So Please Keep the Cost Low for these Tablets....Pleease!)...This should also be a good addition to your powerful new tablets line up (namely ipad/surface killer!).

Nobody else here wants to play with such a device?.??.???
    edited September 4
    Or Perhaps, with AMD Ryzen Embedded Processors optimized for Gaming....would be interesting....Very Interesting!