gateway recovery not loading

dudefoxlive
dudefoxlive Member Publicaciones: 9

Tinkerer

editado marzo 2023 en Archivo del 2017

hi, i am working on a gateway laptop for a friend and we are trying to reset it.  i ran the gateway recovery manager program and told it to do a factory reset and it rebooted but when attempting to load the recovery partition i get an unexpected I/O Error has occured.  is there are way to fix this or what do i have to do for the most cheap price or even better free.  is there a way that i can make it boot back into windows to create recovery disks?  it keeps trying to boot into the recovery partition and i do see how i can make it stop.  any help would be helpful.

Respuestas

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Publicaciones: 868 Acer Crew

There may be corruption in the files causing the system not to boot properly or it could be a bad hard drive. If you did not create your recovery back up you can check availabilty at the Acer store: https://store.acer.com/en-us/

Click the link for eRecovery at the top of the page and enter the serial number of the system then click Submit for pricing info. Please note that if there is a hardware problem with the drive or mainboard, the recovery likely will not run.

• dudefoxlive
    dudefoxlive Member Publicaciones: 9

Tinkerer

it ended up being a bad hard drive.  will be talking to the owner of the laptop and see what he wants to do with the laptop.  most likely we will decide to just purchase a new hard drive and do a clean install of windows 7.