Aspire ES1-111M-C7DE BIOS won't flash - InsydeFlash utility cites low battery

celticwhisper
celticwhisper Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire ES1-111M-C7DE whose battery is failing to charge.  As a part of my efforts to remedy the problem, I am trying to flash the BIOS to 1.16.  However, the InsydeFlash utility obtained from Acer's "Support & Downloads" page will not run the BIOS update until the battery is at least 15% charged.  This introduces a "chicken and egg" scenario where the problem I'm trying to resolve with a BIOS update is directly obstructing the BIOS update.

I have extracted the ZHK116.exe file using 7-Zip and edited the Platform.ini in the archive to disable the battery check.  However, it seems that the actual BIOS ROM image does not survive extraction and is unavailable when I run the InsydeFlash.exe utility from the extracted ZHK116 contents.

I have already tried the battery reset button and it did not work.  Please do not suggest the "4 second press, 5 minutes without power" solution as it has already failed.

I am requesting a direct download link to the BIOS revision 1.16 ROM file to use with the InsydeFlash utility.  Can someone please tell me where to find the ROM image in a form that is ready for copying into the directory that contains InsydeFlash.exe?  Thank you.

Answers