JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
I signed up just for this but, I speak for multiple enthuiast from notebookreview forum.
nowadays, laptop OEM is being pressured by Intel go use their trashy BGA mobile soldered CPU, the quality of those chip and silicone used in them are ABSOLUTE JUNK in comparison to desktop counter part, TDP IS NOT AN EXCUSE, design a better heatsink for it.
these laptop mobile cpu not only limit the frequency via power throttling or uses way too much voltage for a tiny bit of overclock, which is a joke. for example, top of the line ASUS GX800 6820HK 45W TDP would need 1.45v for a 4.3GHz overclocking, while desktop counter part 6700K 91W TDP some chips average 1.35v for 4.7GHz overclock, and because of less voltage, it runs MUCH MUCH cooler.
- Given Acer predator 21x is so thick, there should be NO EXCUSE why it can't hold a desktop CPU for the highest performance possible
- Please do not, ever offer BGA soldered hardware especially on graphics card or CPU
- Be creative, curved display and mechanical keyboard is great, but be high end not only in unique looks/design, also high end in hardware, desktop class CPU or usage of broadwell HEDT or the upcoming skylake HEDT with 6-8 cores CPU.
- better cooling, currently 2 fans in for the 4 SSDs, 1 fan each for each GPU exhaust and 1 fan for CPU exhaust total to 3, make it 4 fans in total on exhaust similar to P570WM.
- pls also put in at least TWO 2.5" 7-9.5mm storage in this laptop..
- Don't mind if it's thicker, bigger the better, its already so big anyway.
these are the future improvements i would like to see.. if there is ever a refresh on the 21x lineup. us enthuiast would love it and jump on it. soldered hardware CPU/GPU is what makes us NOT want to buy, this is VERY important, I refuse to spend even a penny on a laptop I cant even replace CPU without having to replace entire motherboard.