Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Unlock Advanced Menu in Bios

You2941You2941 Posts: 1Member New User
edited January 13 in Acer Ideas

Hello, you can call me 'you'...

Anyways about a year ago i bought an acer aspire es1-512 (C2FA)

I had wanted to change some settings for my computer including shared vram settings etc...

I went to the (f2) and WUT? no advanced menu in bios, i guess its a good thing for the less tech savvy, but what if you know what you are doing? Shouldn't there be an option to enable advance menu in bios?

IDEA: Add advanced menu in bios so you can change settings such as (shared vram, power, fan)

Tnx in advance...i love what ur doing in this section!

'hugs' You

Comments

• Acer_IdeasAcer_Ideas Posts: 286Member Practitioner

YOU hugs ME?!  I feel so loved.  Like a purring cat.  Cat LOL  Thanks, You.

Now about your idea.  Ya, the ES1 is sort of an entry level device, so that is likely why the extra options you are seeking are not there.  Most entry model buyers are not really interested in that kind of activity.  But your point is a good one.  I'm not sure how complicated or costly it might be to have a more comprehensive BIOS in these devices.  For example, just having a fan speed setting in the BIOS isn't enough.  The fan needs to support that setting as well, and lower cost units may not.  But because You and I are so close, hugging and all, I'm going to raise your idea to the notebook team for consideration.  Now it is not at all likely that your device will get an update.  But perhaps we can get more comprensive BIOS versions in future designs.  Thanks You!  Take care of yourself until we meet again.

• TchaRTchaR Posts: 2Member New User
    Eu também preciso desse modo avançado !! pois minha placa de video nao acho atualizaçao e  so tem 64 mb de memoria , e as maiorias dos jogos rada travando , sendo que tenho mais de 4 gb de ram e poderia muito bem aumentar um pouco mais para que os jogos ficassem mais liso!
    se alguem souber de um modo ou um jeito de aumenta a memoria de video ou uma atualização acima dessa verão ( 10.18.10.4653 )  me fale !!! o meu e um es1 512 tbm  obrigado