Every Time I unplug my charger it shuts off predator 15 g9 591 70vm

greykaufman
greykaufman Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops

I recently got the predator 15 g9 591 70vm and i cant run the computer without having the charger plugged in. If i unplug it, it shuts the whole computer down. how can i fix this?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AJ-KW
    AJ-KW Member Posts: 68 New User

The possible solution, assuming that there is nothing wrong with the laptop, battery, or computer, it is a power management setting. If you go to display properties, select the screen saver tab, then click the "power" button, in the power schemes field is a drop down window, click on it and select "the "Portable/Laptop" power scheme", it is a power switching utility that quickly switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. If you have it set to "always on" it will shut off when you pull the power cord, even if the battery is charged. This will also happen on many acer laptops, Hope this helps!

Note: if the solution above didn't work for you, there is a high chance that your battery is not working, most likely, your battery is faulty, and doesn't hold a charge anymore, try to run a battery test using acer care, and let me know!
  • Omkar
    Omkar Member Posts: 3 New User
    hi! i have the same issue with the battery life of my Acer aspire e 15 . my laptop shuts off about a few minutes after unplugged. recently i even couldn't save my projects as i hibernated my hardware. what can i do? oh btw i ran a check up too on ace care app. please help me sort it out the best. best regards
    I am having similar issue

• tanya1234
    tanya1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    AJ-KW said

The possible solution, assuming that there is nothing wrong with the laptop, battery, or computer, it is a power management setting. If you go to display properties, select the screen saver tab, then click the "power" button, in the power schemes field is a drop down window, click on it and select "the "Portable/Laptop" power scheme", it is a power switching utility that quickly switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. If you have it set to "always on" it will shut off when you pull the power cord, even if the battery is charged. This will also happen on many acer laptops, Hope this helps!

Note: if the solution above didn't work for you, there is a high chance that your battery is not working, most likely, your battery is faulty, and doesn't hold a charge anymore, try to run a battery test using acer care, and let me know!

Where I can find the display properties?? thank youu
  • tanya1234
    tanya1234 Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently got the predator 15 g9 591 70vm and i cant run the computer without having the charger plugged in. If i unplug it, it shuts the whole computer down. how can i fix this?

i got the same issue and dont know what to do. please help me