How to turn off lights on top of laptop predator 15 g9

seananamous
seananamous Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops

I have the acer predator 15 g9, so far im loving it, but still getting the hang of how to adjust fan speeds/turn off lights. I have no need for the lights on the top (when the laptop is closed, it is on. Sometimes it is off, sometimes it's on so there's got to be a way to change that in the power settings. I'm trying to find it. please help.

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    you mean keyboard lights? what happens if you use predatorsense? There is a function to switch off Keyboard Lighst.
  • seananamous

Tinkerer

No, I dont mean the keyboard light. Im talking about the light that is on the lid right by the predator logo.

• Thabould
    Thabould Member Posts: 3 New User

If you carefully remove the bezel around the display and unscrew and remove the IPS panel, you will see that the Predator logo, left and right vertical lines are LEDs and can be disabled by carefully removing the three individual wires from their circuits. Hopefully, Acer will include a deactivate option for the hood lights in PredatorSense on future models.

• seananamous

Tinkerer

Thanks Thabould but I think there's an option somewhere that wouold allow me to turn it off int he power settings. the lights turn off if you leave the laptop alone for a while... i will try to find out.

• Kenshin0011
    Kenshin0011 Member Posts: 17 New User

Any updates on this?

I really need to turn off these red lid lights as well...

• Kenshin0011
    Kenshin0011 Member Posts: 17 New User

I just figured it out!

Using the Predator Sense software, the red lines on the back of the monitor WILL TURN OFF if you disable all 4 zones of keyboard lighting.

Still kind of weird that we cannot specifically turn off the lid lights and keep the keyboard lights on, but if it means those bright red lines won't be shining at my professors at school, I'm a happy camper. I'd probably want the keyboard lights to be off while in class anyway.

• beststevie

....so the 4 buttons in Acer Sense have been found ....

Smiley Happy

• seananamous

Tinkerer

This is still pretty redundant. I need the keyboard lighting so I can see but I dont need the lights on the lid. There should be a simple solution to this that Acer should provide- or the people that work on the predator sense software.

• beststevie

hm,

I just tried  out what happens after switching it on. The ligths of keyboard and the back of the panel are starting immedeatly. Before Bios stars. So there seems not to be any inteligence switching on/off.

So you might have bad luck, if you wait for a software related solution.

• a7ffuyvu7a
    a7ffuyvu7a Member Posts: 4 New User

just in case someone is reading this...

<Fn> + <F9> turns off all the lights including the ones on the back.

• seananamous

Tinkerer

Thank you.

I'm still waiting for an option to just turn off the lights on the lid.
    I'm about to put electrical tape over it because it gets so annoying.

• Summley
    Summley Member Posts: 3 New User
    On the other side, my laptop's logo is not turning on with the vertical lines. It is in off mode all the time, even though i reset the keyboard lightings. I dont know how to turn it on again. Missing the lights from my lid so badly. Maybe i adjusted some settings in the system or in the sense that i dont know how to turn it the way it was. Reading your comments regarding the intelligence on/off, I lost all hope in returning the lights.
  • NEWSUNSEO
    NEWSUNSEO Member Posts: 1 New User
    On my Predator, the red backlight for the logo on the lid actually shines through to my desktop & I see in whatever program I am using.  This is so annoying...  I like the keyboard lights, that was one thing I liked about this laptop...  But seeing the red logo while I work all the time shining through to the programs I use is SO annoying...  Not to mention how the number lock, you cannot turn that on by default...  I've been through the bios & everything else without luck for that one...  So, No keyboard lights unless I want a red ghost image in everything I work on & I have to press number lock EVERY time I login to this laptop...  Regretting this decision at this point...