Predator z35 without audio

gasguirre
gasguirre Member Publicaciones: 2 New User
editado marzo 2023 en Archivo del 2016

Hello, I have this monitor for the past week, and I was using the speakers fro time to time, now the monitor has stopped reproducing any sound, I've tried via HDMI, DP, and the audio jack that it has, no sound at all, I tried as one user said unplugging and plugging back, but no luck. volume at the monitor is 100% and I tried turning on and off the DTS.

please let me know what can I do to fix this.

best regards.

Respuestas

• gasguirre
    gasguirre Member Publicaciones: 2 New User

I don't know if it helps, this is the digital audio configuration in the Nvidia control panel

2016-03-25 12_36_45-NVIDIA Control Panel.png

• van1135
    van1135 Member Publicaciones: 1 New User

Hello, I've had my new z35 for a couple of days. Love the resolution. However can't figure a way to hook up my 5.1 surround sound. It works when I hook up hdmi but not Displayport. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Van1135

• matbrady
    matbrady Member Publicaciones: 2 New User

Hi gasguirre, 

I have the solution for you (and after that... a rant)

1. Go into the Start Menu and Search for NVIDIA to bring up the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

2.  Under the category: Display  click on: Set Up Digital Audio  

3. Click on: Open Windows Sound Settings...  

Select Acer X35 (in my case it's X34) then click on Set Default and that's it!  You now have sound.  

Capture.PNG

And now a rant...

I'm old(ish).  I used to own PCs in the x486 days back when the internet was new (and dial-up) and the original Doom was first released and awesome.  

I had a string of technical issues with compatibility, upgrading, downloading new drivers, the works.  What I came to know as usual PC issues. 

In 2006 I sold up everything to live and work overseas opting to shift from a desktop PC to a very expensive laptop however when I got it home I found that it didn't have the specs it was advertised to have, and when the store realised that it indeed couldn't get up the resolution it was advertised to have they refunded me the money. Only now there were just three days before I had to get on a plane and out of desperation I bought a MacBook Pro, which did have the specs I needed (but was $500 more expensive).  

It was the best thing that has happened to me.  I didn't think so at first, but after a while its design philosophy started to creep into my brain and I began to understand why Mac people are Mac people.  But more on that later...

It's now been ten years of using Macs and I finally caved to buy a PC, mostly because I bought a Vive.  I went hard core and bought a i7 6700k with a GTX1080 and of course a Predator x34.  

Having spent the last 10 years ensconsed in the Mac universe getting back into PCs was exactly the experience I knew it to be an entire decade ago.  

The User-Interface is a mess.  Things that you expect to be set as default are not, and instead are hidden menus deep.  Or, like the above example, in pop-ups within pop-ups.  

And it's AAAAAALL so ugly.    

I'm looking forward to playing Doom (the new one) and I'm looking forward to using my Vive, no doubt, but PCs are a **** of over-engineered technical clumsiness.  For a PC setup that I paid top dollar for, I spent the first two hours trying to uncover why my brand new toys didn't work properly.  They did, they just weren't set up to do so out of the box.  

When I plugged in my i7 and my x34 and started it up for the very first time there was nothing but a blank screen....  Why?  Because the x34 didn't detect that it was connected via a DisplayPort cable and I had to manually select it from HDMI to DisplayPort using the buttons underneath it.  That's bad.  That's really bad. 

When I finally did get it to work I looked to connect to my wi-fi only to discover that I overlooked that detail with my computer purchase and it didn't come with wi-fi.  But to trudge through the menus to try to discover that fact was technically difficult.  I had to look up the answer on my iPhone to understand how to navigate to the Network Adapters menu under the Device Manager.  I still, right this minute, don't know how to easily accessing Device Manager without using the Search feature.  That is so user-unfriendly it's crazy... 

Once I did hook my new PC up to the internet and played a youtube vid there was no sound.... after different cable attempts and headphone attempts to narrow down the problem, I searched online to hear others with the same issue thinking that my top end monitor really did have a problem and I'd have to take it back...

Two hours later I finally solved it, but I wanted to tell you that this would NEVER happen on a Mac. 

They're not perfect, but they do have an actual design philosophy that is basically this: 

"The experience of using a computer should be a joy."  

PCs just don't get it.  It's been over a decade now, and they still don't get it.  Wow... Impressive, and not in a good way.  

[word filter avoidance]

• Mirko123
    Mirko123 Member Publicaciones: 1 New User
    That is NOT a solution..
  • Guggsy43
    Guggsy43 Member Publicaciones: 16 Troubleshooter
    Gasguirre Make sure your PC is outputting  sound, use process of elimination. plug headphones or speakers directly to your motherboard or sound card, and see if you get sound. If not then time to check your sound drivers.