Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

E5-573 screen is not up to the standard.

I had to buy my daughter a new laptop, so we went to our local super store for PC/ Laptops, I always buy Acer and don't like other brands but when I looked at the E5-573 model, I couldn't believe my eyes, the screen was awful, very dull and dim, I know it is an entry level laptop, then I inquired about the screen make from the sales assitant and he couldn't give me a definite answer, then I saw a Lenovo G50-80 and it has a brilliant screen and I didn't mind paying £30 more for it.

Acer has to pay more attention towards quality screens as it's most important part of a laptop, there's no point in putting a i5 CPU and not providing a quality screen.

I think all laptops should have minimum standard of :http://www.panelook.com/B156XW02%20V6_AUO_15.6_LCM_parameter_701.html which is in my E1-571

OR

http://www.panelook.com/N156BGE-EB1_Innolux_15.6_LCM_overview_17964.html

which is in my daughter's new Lenovo.

Comments

• Acer_IdeasAcer_Ideas Posts: 285Member Practitioner

Thanks for the feedback, BF2.  You are right, that is indeed and entry level laptop which means we try to keep the price lower and more affordable for the entry level user.  We have quite a few variations of the E5-573 however, and they don't all have the same display panel.  The E5-573-5653 - Part number NX.MVHAA.020 has a somewhat better panel than some of the other 573's.  It's all a matter of specifications.

I know from your previous contacts with us here that you are not the run-of-the-mill entry level user, BF2.  You likely have a more demanding taste in computer hardware than many entry level users.  And while I'm certain that your daughter is anything BUT run-of-the-mill, she might not find an entry level display to be as much of an issue as her experienced parent does.  It's all in the eye of the beholder.

• karthik321karthik321 Posts: 4Member New User
    acer aspire e 15 573g ram upgrade
  • karthik321karthik321 Posts: 4Member New User
    can i give my acer aspire e 15 573g to acer service center to upgrade my ram??