Acer's Role in the Community

Acer-BradAcer-Brad Administrator Posts: 347 Community Administrator
edited February 2019 in What's Happening

Recently we have had several members asking why Acer has not been more actively involved in the discussions taking place on our new Acer Community.  I am hoping to address these questions with this article.  

First, I feel compelled to make sure everyone has read and understands the Acer Community Use Agreement (ACUA) located in the Welcome board.  It outlines the basic rules of the Community and also explains that first and foremost, the Acer Community is here for members and visitors to gain knowledge and insight from other Acer owners.  

So the Acer Community is a peer to peer support channel.  

However Acer didn't just launch the site and walk away.

Acer moderates the site to ensure our community is a nice place to visit and find solutions, free from vulgarity, prejudice and illegal acts.  Moderators also ensure new topics are posted in the appropriate board to ensure your questions are in front of the most qualified members who can help.  The Acer Moderators are not technicians,  but they play a very critical role in keeping our community running smoothly.  

Acer Technicians are also active on the Acer Community.  Primarily to lend a hand when new topics go far too long without assistance from another community member.  They are also drafting Acer Community KB articles,  reading up on hot topics and, as needed, interacting with difficult topics members are struggling with.  

This leads me to the most important and final group of members who make the community successful.  But they are not Acer employees.  I'm referring to those community members who unselfishly take their own time to help others find a solution here.  They come back day after day to assist or offer a logical approach and sound advice just because they enjoy helping.  Members like Freeza, Tom85, Padgett, 1stTimeAcer, AcerFan, NewAcer to name a few.  

In reality these "Super Members" make up a  small percentage of all Acer Community members but are responsible for the bulk of useful content available here.  They are the "how and why" a peer to peer support community thrives.

Comments