Aspire 7 starts in EFI Shell mode

Anthony_mears
Anthony_mears Member Beiträge: 2 New User
bearbeitet August 2021 in Aspire
Unfortunately I am forced to contact you (Acer) by this method. I recieved my new Acer Aspire 7 by post yesteday, ordered direct from the Acer Store. The Set up should have been simple, "press the ON button and follow the onscreen instructions" However it starts in EFI Shell mode, gives me a count down to press either "Esc" or any other key to continue, but nothing happens. I have tried to contact the suport, with out success as the serial number is not known S/N NH.Q9AEG.002 please help...

Beste Antworten

• Kno63
    Kno63 ACE Beiträge: 15,228 Trailblazer
    bearbeitet August 2021 Antwort ✓
    you are here in the German part of the Acer community! Was that intended? Here in the community Acer doesn't offer support, there are no  Acer employees answering. You have to contact the Acer service of the country, where you bought the device. Was that in Germany? If yes, then use one of these contact  options:
    A short comment to  your problem: It is clear, that you purchased an Aspire 7 model that comes without Windows. The Efi Shell is a kind of OS without graphical user interface. If you want to use Windows or a Linux distribution, you have to delete the EFI Shell (the system drive) and to do a clean install of the OS that you want. When you want to install Windows, you first have to  buy a license key.
    regards
    Jochen
    "There's more to the picture than meets the eye ..."
    Ich bin kein Acer Mitarbeiter!  :-)

• Kno63
    Anthony_mears schrieb:
    Kno63 schrieb:
    you are here in he German part of the Acer community! Was that intended? Here in the community Acer doesn't offer support, there are no  Acer employees answering. You have to contact the Acer service of the country, where you bought the device. Was that in Germany? If yes, then use one of these contact  options:
    A short comment to  your problem: It is clear, that you purchased an Aspire 7 model that comes without Windows. The Efi Shell is a kind of OS without graphical user interface. If you want to use Windows or a Linux distribution, you have to delete the EFI Shell (the system drive) and to do a clean install of the OS that you want. When you want to install Windows, you first have to  buy a license key.
    regards
    Jochen
    Thanks Jochen, ich habe in Englisch geschrieben weil meine Deutsch nicht so gut ist :) After many attempts to contact Acer they finaly answered my Email. Yes it was delivered without Windows They are willing to give me a 75€ discount for my troubles I was told to use the SNID instead of the S/N in the suprort page, still didn´t work. Even if the Windows is not installed on the lapptop how can I down loaded  because it has no CD drive?
    You should use an USB stick. The most easy way is to create a bootable drive with the Microsoft Media Creation  tool.
    https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 Go to the button "Tool jetzt herunterladen".
    I'll attach a PDF from Acer how to create the drive and how to boot  from it (sorry, I only have it in German).
    Regarding the not working SNID: You show this one in your first question: NH.Q9AEG.002
    That can't be correct, 'cause Acer SNIDs always show 11 oder 12 numbers (without dots between, no letters):

Gruß
    Jochen

Antworten

• Kno63
    you are here in the German part of the Acer community! Was that intended? Here in the community Acer doesn't offer support, there are no  Acer employees answering. You have to contact the Acer service of the country, where you bought the device. Was that in Germany? If yes, then use one of these contact  options:
    regards
    Jochen

• Anthony_mears
    Anthony_mears Member Beiträge: 2 New User
    Kno63 schrieb:
    you are here in he German part of the Acer community! Was that intended? Here in the community Acer doesn't offer support, there are no  Acer employees answering. You have to contact the Acer service of the country, where you bought the device. Was that in Germany? If yes, then use one of these contact  options:
    regards
    Jochen
    Thanks Jochen, ich habe in Englisch geschrieben weil meine Deutsch nicht so gut ist :) After many attempts to contact Acer they finaly answered my Email. Yes it was delivered without Windows They are willing to give me a 75€ discount for my troubles I was told to use the SNID instead of the S/N in the suprort page, still didn´t work. Even if the Windows is not installed on the lapptop how can I down loaded  because it has no CD drive?
  • Kno63
    Anthony_mears schrieb:
    Kno63 schrieb:
    regards
    Jochen
    You should use an USB stick. The most easy way is to create a bootable drive with the Microsoft Media Creation  tool.
    https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 Go to the button "Tool jetzt herunterladen".
    I'll attach a PDF from Acer how to create the drive and how to boot  from it (sorry, I only have it in German).
    Regarding the not working SNID: You show this one in your first question: NH.Q9AEG.002
    That can't be correct, 'cause Acer SNIDs always show 11 oder 12 numbers (without dots between, no letters):

Gruß
    Jochen

• Kno63
    bearbeitet August 2021
    Addition. To download Win 10 setup and create the drive you need another PC. Please take care to uncheck this box: