Acer Community

Acer Community is where support oriented discussions take place about Acer products, helping you get the most out of your Acer. Start by selecting your product line and searching for your question to see what other customers are saying. You can also start a conversation of your own to get answers important to you. Welcome to Acer Community!

Rightformula1

Questions regarding Acer Aspire Switch 10 Warranty

Hi, I'm very interested and most likely going to be going ahead with a purchase of the Acer Aspire Switch 10 but I have a few questions. As the device is currently not available in Australia my plan is to either: A) pick one of these devices up when I visit the US in two weeks time Or B) order it now (from the US) and have it shipped here, so it is delivered by the time I return from my journey. So my main question is, as I have seen several different people having the same issue on here wi... See more...
Hi,

I'm very interested and most likely going to be going ahead with a purchase of the Acer Aspire Switch 10 but I have a few questions. As the device is currently not available in Australia my plan is to either:

A) pick one of these devices up when I visit the US in two weeks time

Or

B) order it now (from the US) and have it shipped here, so it is delivered by the time I return from my journey.

So my main question is, as I have seen several different people having the same issue on here with no apparent fix, if I made the purchase would I be covered under warranty? I think the first one would see me covered under the international travellers warranty, but it's not very clear. The second option would only be local (US) warranty, is that correct? So if I had an issue I would have to send it back to the US (at my expense)? Or would it be covered here in Australia? And finally, if an issue arises here, would the local acer service centre (located in Sydney) be able to fix the issue or arrange a replacement model, even if I have to pay a fee?

Thanks for the help, I'm throughly impressed with the device for what it is, I just don't want to be stuck with a dud and find out I'm not covered by warranty after I return home (Australia) or when it arrives.
redhood56

When will the Acer Aspire V7-582PG-6854 be restocked at the MS Store?

Hello! I was wondering if the Acer Aspire V7-882PG-6854 will be restocked at the MS Store? link

therongguy

Acer Aspire V5-573G mSATA-port

So I'm thinking about buying the new model of the Acer V5, the V5-573G-54218G1Takk, and would like to know if it has a free mSATA-port like the model from last year?

Mickymike

Aspire s7-392 from ebay

Hello. I really want to get myself a s7.
I have found some on ebay for $1675aud. Which $300 cheaper than in stores.
I'm worried about warranty though. I asked the seller and he says it comes with 1 year manufacture warranty.
Will I need the original receipt that he got when he bought them?
He has heaps for sale so I assume he buys laptops/pcs (business line) in bulk and sells on ebay.

Thanks
Pippa

PC for Photoshop

Can anyone advise on what desk/laptop I should consider for use with Photoshop CS5? I'm an amateur photographer and need something with speed and storage capacity when editing my pics.  I'd like to keep it below $2000 if possible.  Clearly, I have no knowledge of what computers are out there now that would suit my needs without too many unnecessary bells and whistles that I will not use.  Thanks, Pippa

bilge

Questions about Acer Aspire V7

I am getting a laptop for college and I would like it to be great all around. I would like to do some light gaming, and it seems like the Aspire V7 is the perfect fit for me.   With that being said, what are the differences between these two models?   http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V7-582PG-6479-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00H7WF21G/ref=sr_1_2?s=...   http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Acer-Aspire-V7-582PG-6854-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/...   Thanks for the help! If you have an... See more...

I am getting a laptop for college and I would like it to be great all around. I would like to do some light gaming, and it seems like the Aspire V7 is the perfect fit for me.

With that being said, what are the differences between these two models?

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V7-582PG-6479-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00H7WF21G/ref=sr_1_2?s=...

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Acer-Aspire-V7-582PG-6854-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/...

Thanks for the help!

If you have any other suggestions of laptops to get, Let me know!

bdanyi

Will NEVER buy an Acer product again

I have bought two laptops from Acer within a 2 year time frame and have hardware problems with both.  One was within warranty and was able to get it fixed, but the laptop still does not perform like it should.  The second started having hardware problems 1 MONTH after the warranty was up.  The second one is a more expensive Ultra-thin notebook and with the amount of money I spent, it surely should last more than 13 months.  Their customer support is absurd; can no longer send emails to customer ... See more...

I have bought two laptops from Acer within a 2 year time frame and have hardware problems with both.  One was within warranty and was able to get it fixed, but the laptop still does not perform like it should.  The second started having hardware problems 1 MONTH after the warranty was up.  The second one is a more expensive Ultra-thin notebook and with the amount of money I spent, it surely should last more than 13 months.  Their customer support is absurd; can no longer send emails to customer service, they want you to go to a forum or chat with someone. I am a professional medical student and have no time to wait for a customer support person.  And since both laptops are out of warranty now they won't talk to me anyway.  I can't even ask simple, specific questions directly to the manufacturer of the product but rather depend on other people to help.  Does that sound wrong to anyone but me? I would think a company would want to keep their buyers happy so that they will be loyal customers and buy more products.  Well, you lost this customer. Keep up the great work!

fred69

My experience with horrible Acer Costumer Service

I`ve been always respecting acer as company science 2002 when i received my first laptop, till 2014 when i`ve order predator g3 desktop pc , I have been collecting this money almost one year. That was the worst decision in my live. I have paid 1400€ for 2 -days working computer. I`ve update bios from Your official website using serial number from sticker on PC. After one restart computer never worked again.   Contacted forums (they didnt solve problem) ( http://community.acer.com/t5/Desktops-All... See more...
I`ve been always respecting acer as company science 2002 when i received my first laptop, till 2014 when i`ve order predator g3 desktop pc , I have been collecting this money almost one year.
That was the worst decision in my live. I have paid 1400€ for 2 -days working computer. I`ve update bios from Your official website using serial number from sticker on PC. After one restart computer never worked again.

Contacted forums (they didnt solve problem) ( http://community.acer.com/t5/Desktops-All-In-Ones/Dead-BIOS-Acer-Predator-MS-7829-REV-1-1/td-p/24552... ) also no ANSWER, i have to fix it myself)   , facebook (no answer till now ), email ( no answer till now ) , contacted acer service in Netherlands, they rejected repair because of broken seal ( yes, i was trying to reset bios by jumper on motherboard). So i decided to buy other motherboard than factory, i bougth ASRock Z87M OC and also power supply from BeQuiet company. I changed broken parts and i made it working myself. I spend 350€ to repair dead computer after bios update and unnice service.

And Your facebook  , worst PR ever, how is possible i cannot contact You via facebook in 2014 ?

I am deaf person, i cannot use phone to contact You and service . i HATE this kind of service. This is unbelievable for me i have to ask peoples to get Your company email to send you message. Because i do not want to use support website for reasons You can read here. i give up, because i didnt found any email to contact You.

After this i have contact your unbelievable not professional service about one software issue , to make better quality and power of sound it is exactly : [edited to comply with guidelines], i have wait 5 days for answer,  who in 2014 is replies to costumer messages in 5 days, is unacceptable, not professional, and not nice against me = costumer.

I asked for name of software in answer i have get "how to reset ur pc to factory settings" , then i replied for this message i have no answer from Your support till now ( 14 day -  no reply )

I was always suggesting your products to my friends and family ( even in models like 5720, 7250, 3690 etc.where u got always problems with broken power suppy cable) , totally I bought 6 laptops from Your company, and one, last desktop PC with i am using now.

I am very disappointed from Your service, and the way you treat your good ex-client.

After this You send me email " Acer - Request for Customer Feedback" from CEB Customer Surveys CEBCustomerSurveys@executiveboard.com . You make me totally angry now and please do not ask me such stupid questions where i can answer like You have answer me .

Shame on You Acer.
You lost me .
Costinutz35

Acer R7 - Few questions and where to buy.

Hello Acer forums!   After hours of thinking, i picked up this the Acer R7 as it suits my needs perfectly. It's portable, convertible and thin.   Can anyone please tell me : Did anyone tried gaming on this one ? I'll do some CAD and Programming, and some gaming from time to time. What experiences do you have with this laptop ?   And the last but most important: What is it's real price and where i can buy the i7 variant ? What do i mean with real price ? I found it at $899 with i5 and 1300+ i7.  ... See more...

Hello Acer forums!

After hours of thinking, i picked up this the Acer R7 as it suits my needs perfectly.

It's portable, convertible and thin.

Can anyone please tell me :

Did anyone tried gaming on this one ? I'll do some CAD and Programming, and some gaming from time to time.

What experiences do you have with this laptop ?

And the last but most important:

What is it's real price and where i can buy the i7 variant ?

What do i mean with real price ? I found it at $899 with i5 and 1300+ i7.

400 bucks extra aren't worth for 1mb cache and 400mhz or less turbo boost freq.

Thank you and please excuse my broken english!

Syamil

Help!

Can somebody explain this to me?( Charges for Out of Warranty units are as follows: 1. Verification without proceeding to repair/service: $50 2. Labour charge for repair/service: $80 3. Replacement of faulty parts: to be advised by the service engineer. Above figures are before GST) so I need to pay 130$ total??
lf65

dvd writer

I am looking at an acer note  book that says it has a: DVD Writer.
Also am looking at another brand of notebook that says it has : dvd super multi drive.
It is my understanding, though I am not sure, that the  Multi drive  part means that it can read/write/rewrite CDs and all formats of DVD's .  
The spes on the acer just say "DVD WRITER"  - so what  does it support.

Tyring to decided which I want to buy. 

Thanks

Phil-3

Bluetooth auto start

Moved to Notebooks & Netbooks for better exposure.

Phil-3

Upgrade Aspire 8930G

Moved to Notebooks & Netbooks for better exposure.

Fredrik98

from 8gb to 16gb upgrade help

So im thinking about getting myself a upgrade from 8gb to 16gb. This is my Mb acer va50_hc_cr, i have a laptop.The ram that i want is this:Corsair VS 16G SODIMM DDR3 Kit 1600MHz , 2x204 SO DIMMBut if these dont fit can you find me one that does 2x8gb ! 
jimacerinterest

Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 versus Acer Aspire NX.M83AA.006

1. What is the difference between the Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 11.6" Laptop and the Acer Aspire NX.M83AA.006 11.6" Laptop?

2. What factors should I consider to help me decide between the two Laptops?

Thomas014

Acer W4 or Acer W5

Hello!   I have recently been looking into PC windows tablets from all different companies. And have narrowed it down to the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. These tablets seem to be perfect for Work, watching videos and going on the internet. Which is Exactly I what to do! So at the moment I'm split between the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. I want to know what features and the Performance of each one because I can't make sense of the datasheet. I'm no computer expert as you can see!    So what features does... See more...

Hello!

I have recently been looking into PC windows tablets from all different companies. And have narrowed it down to the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. These tablets seem to be perfect for Work, watching videos and going on the internet. Which is Exactly I what to do! So at the moment I'm split between the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. I want to know what features and the Performance of each one because I can't make sense of the datasheet. I'm no computer expert as you can see! 

So what features does the Acer W4 have and what features does the Acer W5 have? Also which has the better performance?

Thanks ever so much!

Thomas

P.S. Is this the correct place to post questions - I'm new to this part of the webite... 

kkessick

which laptop?

Im looking for a laptop that

-is touchscreen

-compatible with newer and older games

-Windows 7

-can play high graphic games

-light weight

-thin

-regular size

I was told to check Acer.  Can someone help?

doxiedinos

Absolute newbie to tablets - how do they connect to the 'Net?

I have one of those emachines redemption certificates, and while my first choice would be a new monitor for my desktop computer, those are unavailable at the moment. So - my next choice would be a tablet, specifically an Iconia tablet (Android).   I am somewhat familiar with my Kindle Fire HD accessing the internet through wifi. But, do I need a specific internet or wireless/cell phone provider for a tablet? I know the smartphones have to have a specific carrier, like AT&T or T-mobile - is somet... See more...

I have one of those emachines redemption certificates, and while my first choice would be a new monitor for my desktop computer, those are unavailable at the moment. So - my next choice would be a tablet, specifically an Iconia tablet (Android).

I am somewhat familiar with my Kindle Fire HD accessing the internet through wifi. But, do I need a specific internet or wireless/cell phone provider for a tablet? I know the smartphones have to have a specific carrier, like AT&T or T-mobile - is something like this required for a tablet?

My Kindle Keyboard could connect to the 'Net anywhere there was a signal, without having to join a specific network. We even got signals while on the road, travelling cross country. My Kindle Fire HD requires me to join a specific network - unless there's something I haven't figured out with it yet.

As I said, I have a Kindle Fire HD and I'm not sure I would "need" or even "want" a tabet. Any comments, suggestions, or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance and taking pity on this "tablet challenged granny".

jruday

Looking for C720-2800 with 4GB of RAM

I own a C720-2800 with 4GB of RAM. Purchased it on Amazon about 5 months ago. I want another but can only find models with 2GB of RAM. Is the 4GB model still available and if so, where may it be purchased? See attached spec sheet from the C720 I currently own. Thank you. I would appreciate a direct reply to ****

[edited for privacy]

ehullis3823

HELP!!! Lost in Acer's

Hi

I need the following and getting very frustrated!

- inbuilt optical drive ( I do not have a TV)

- USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports

- NO touchscreen

- Webcam

- Not a notebook, not a tablet. Just a plain old laptop (notebooks are too small for typing)

Which model is best?

Vertigo

Aspire V5-573G

Hi. I'm interested in buying the Full HD model of this laptop with the following specifications:   Processor: choice between Intel Core i5-4200U and i7-4500U GeForce GT 750M graphics card 4 or 8 GB RAM   I wanted to ask if any owners of this laptop could share some information. I currently have an old Aspire 6930G and it's very bad at cooling itself even after cleaning out the dust and re-applying thermal paste. I have seen the V5-573G in some stores and sales representatives there gave me mixed... See more...

Hi. I'm interested in buying the Full HD model of this laptop with the following specifications:

Processor: choice between Intel Core i5-4200U and i7-4500U

GeForce GT 750M graphics card

4 or 8 GB RAM

I wanted to ask if any owners of this laptop could share some information.

I currently have an old Aspire 6930G and it's very bad at cooling itself even after cleaning out the dust and re-applying thermal paste. I have seen the V5-573G in some stores and sales representatives there gave me mixed opinions about the cooling efficiency of this particular model. Same mixed opinions also apply for reviews and forum posts about the V5-573G.

Therefore I have come here to seek information. Spec-wise it seems like a very good suit for my needs, I'm just worried about the heat it might produce.

I'm not talking about keeping it on my knees while gaming, that'd be stupid. But with my current one I can't even keep it on my knees comfortably when idle, let alone browsing or doing spreadsheets/word processing. So how would the V5-573G do in those conditions?

Thanks in advance,

V

binorb

Acer V3-771G-53236G50Maii

I've been browsing for a new laptop for few weeks now and this one caught my eye few days back. I've been trying to find more specific information regarding specifications of GeForce GT740M that is packed under the hood with no luck avail.   Specifications on resellers site says that this is 4GB model which I haven't seen on other laptops with GT740M and my only concern is about the memory bus width of the GPU, is it 64-bit or 128-bit model? This information is critical before I'm making my deci... See more...

I've been browsing for a new laptop for few weeks now and this one caught my eye few days back. I've been trying to find more specific information regarding specifications of GeForce GT740M that is packed under the hood with no luck avail.

Specifications on resellers site says that this is 4GB model which I haven't seen on other laptops with GT740M and my only concern is about the memory bus width of the GPU, is it 64-bit or 128-bit model? This information is critical before I'm making my decision wheter to buy this or not.

fijiankudi

Acer Aspire V5-552G-8632

I am wondering if the Aspire V5-552G-8632 model is being discontinued? (This one here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.MCUAA.002) The Add to Cart button on the Acer site does not work and Newegg is displaying this item as 'discontinued' - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314119). If this model is indeed being discontinued, when will the newer model to replace this item be released? Or is there already an equivalent model with the same specs availabl... See more...

I am wondering if the Aspire V5-552G-8632 model is being discontinued? (This one here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.MCUAA.002) The Add to Cart button on the Acer site does not work and Newegg is displaying this item as 'discontinued' - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314119).

If this model is indeed being discontinued, when will the newer model to replace this item be released? Or is there already an equivalent model with the same specs available? 

Sefirosu

R7 - Able to run World of Warcraft??

I have yet to buy the http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.M9UAA.002 (Aspire R7-571-6858)> Before I do I want to know If I could be able to run Word of Warcraft on it with little to no lag? Space isn't an issue niether is the Ram. I am wanting to know How far off the Vid card is from being able to run it smoothly...  The following links are links to Blizzards recommend specs to run smoothly, please someone with a lot more knowledge then me please tell me if I would be okay to buy this a... See more...

I have yet to buy the http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.M9UAA.002 (Aspire R7-571-6858)> Before I do I want to know If I could be able to run Word of Warcraft on it with little to no lag? Space isn't an issue niether is the Ram. I am wanting to know How far off the Vid card is from being able to run it smoothly... 

The following links are links to Blizzards recommend specs to run smoothly, please someone with a lot more knowledge then me please tell me if I would be okay to buy this and play WoW on it. Thanks Michael.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-hearthstone-supported-video-cards

kellyf22

DirectX 9 Compatible? (Please help)

I have a movie-making program that says that it requires a DirectX 9 or 10 compatible graphics card with at least 64 MB (128 MB or higher recommended).  Also requires a DirectX 9 compatible soundcard.

Basically I am trying to buy an acer computer that will run this program well. What graphics cards in the new computers will be DirectX 9 compatible?

I'm looking at Intel HD 4000 or Geoforce GTX 760M....?

Neotech

Which computer?

I have no answers ,only questions . Do you OLD guys & girls find the Acer to be a good computer ? I am in the same boat & am about to buy a laptop computer & try to do CAD with it .Why not? nothing ventured nothing .... I was part of the emachine floppy disk settlement & will have to buy from the settlement site so I expect my choices will be limited  The sales guys at best buy seem to be pushing the m5 583p 9688  I7 processer , Touch screen in new to me ,laptops are new to me, as is windows 8.I... See more...

I have no answers ,only questions .

Do you OLD guys & girls find the Acer to be a good computer ?

I am in the same boat & am about to buy a laptop computer & try to do CAD with it .Why not? nothing ventured nothing ....

I was part of the emachine floppy disk settlement & will have to buy from the settlement site so I expect my choices will be limited 

The sales guys at best buy seem to be pushing the m5 583p 9688  I7 processer ,

Touch screen in new to me ,laptops are new to me, as is windows 8.I see a lot of distaste for win.8 on chats 

We use win.7 at work .I like it well enough 

I have been using computers for about 10 yrs. but only for e mail & research .

Any input would be greatly appreciated .

joaoguilherme92

Information intel processor

Hi guys can anyone tell me the specs of this intel-   
Intel i5-2320M

i really apreciatte thanks

Nadia

Freedos model = low version?

I got a new Acer laptop the other day and it had freedos, so I installed OS on the same day.

But the thing is, for me It seems it is less solid. I mean for example, screen quality as opposed to ones that have already OS installed.

I'm just confused, is it something conceptualized like I'm experiencing?

help me! :smileyhappy:

mpaterson

Where can I find these laptops?

I've looked everywhere in the UK but I can't find any of these laptops to buy:
nx.m8saa.005
nx.m8saa.004
Could somebody please help me out?