Acer Community

Acer Community is where support oriented discussions take place about Acer products, helping you get the most out of your Acer. Start by selecting your product line and searching for your question to see what other customers are saying. You can also start a conversation of your own to get answers important to you. Welcome to Acer Community!

asad123

Acer's customer service policy sucks

I want anyone looking into buying from acer that their customer service policy is absolute trash. My warranty recently expired and an issue came up, which is 0% my fault, that won't even let me boot my PC. I called windows because it was a windows update that caused the issue and they told me I need a new OS so i should contact my manufacturer, Acer, for a product key. I tried to find it by logging in but I couldn't which is also ridiculous because I shouldn't have to spend $120 on something tha... See more...

I want anyone looking into buying from acer that their customer service policy is absolute trash. My warranty recently expired and an issue came up, which is 0% my fault, that won't even let me boot my PC. I called windows because it was a windows update that caused the issue and they told me I need a new OS so i should contact my manufacturer, Acer, for a product key. I tried to find it by logging in but I couldn't which is also ridiculous because I shouldn't have to spend $120 on something that isn't my fault. I then tried to call acer but apparently I need my warranty to contact them about an issue that is NOT MY FAULT! Dont buy from acer as they will screw you over.

Fraosius

Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-591G-51CY) WiFi Problems?

Hello, I would like to buy the Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition (VN7-591G-51CY) with Intel I5, nVidia GTX860M and 8GB RAM. But as I read, some people have problems with WiFi connection. I mean they are being disconnected or the speed is extremely low. Does anyone here have the same problems? Does exist an option, how  to fix this issue? What are your other experiences with this notebook? I am now not sure, if buying this notebook is a right decision, because of this issue (I use WiFi at home, we h... See more...

Hello,

I would like to buy the Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition (VN7-591G-51CY) with Intel I5, nVidia GTX860M and 8GB RAM. But as I read, some people have problems with WiFi connection. I mean they are being disconnected or the speed is extremely low. Does anyone here have the same problems? Does exist an option, how  to fix this issue? What are your other experiences with this notebook? I am now not sure, if buying this notebook is a right decision, because of this issue (I use WiFi at home, we have many devices using WiFi...).

Thank you,

Fraosius

(I am sorry, if I made some English mistakes, I am from Czech Republic :smileyhappy: )

Acer-Brad

Acer XB280HK gaming display

Hi Acer Community members and visitors,    When one of our products stands above the rest I will do my best to post something about it here.  Looking for the best Gaming monitor on the Market?  Acer offers it.  See below.   The Acer XB280HK gaming display is featured in Popular Science’s 2014 Best of What’s New as an award winner in the hardware category.  It was recently selected as a breakthrough product among thousands of others in search of the top 100 tech innovations of the year, which are... See more...

Hi Acer Community members and visitors, 

When one of our products stands above the rest I will do my best to post something about it here.  Looking for the best Gaming monitor on the Market?  Acer offers it.  See below.

The Acer XB280HK gaming display is featured in Popular Science’s 2014 Best of What’s New as an award winner in the hardware category.  It was recently selected as a breakthrough product among thousands of others in search of the top 100 tech innovations of the year, which are being highlighted in Popular Science’s December issue.

See the article here:

A 4K monitor.jpg

jognog

So many decisions

Hello..Time for upgrade. My wife an I both have tablets and lpatops. The tablets are Android..laptops are windows. One 7 the other 8. We like the side of the 10 inch tablets but they are old,slow, not windows. They are smaller then we woul dlike at this point. We are considering the combo laptops where you can fold the screen down and use as a tablet. They would of course have 8 on them. Just wondering what to do. Sizes we are looking at are 15 inch and maybe 17. But htink q7 is way to big to tr... See more...

Hello..Time for upgrade. My wife an I both have tablets and lpatops. The tablets are Android..laptops are windows. One 7 the other 8. We like the side of the 10 inch tablets but they are old,slow, not windows. They are smaller then we woul dlike at this point. We are considering the combo laptops where you can fold the screen down and use as a tablet. They would of course have 8 on them. Just wondering what to do. Sizes we are looking at are 15 inch and maybe 17. But htink q7 is way to big to travel with. I love to have some input as to choices. Any suggestions. Thanks...John.

coolstacey101

when buying a product from acer can i use another forum of payment instead

Say for instant i don't have a mastercard or a visa can i use my td bank card witch is interac and visa card?

LungLung

Acer aspire E 11 problem

I switching my laptop but it going black screen after the acer logo appear..its stand like that at all..i'm trying a few time to turn on but ii still the same..clicking the keyboard nothing respond..please help..
JAJSOUND67

anyone using or try using a Acer Aspire AXC Series for DigitalAudio Recording (DAW..i.e Cubase, etc)

anyone using or try using a Acer Aspire AXC Series for DigitalAudio Recording (DAW..i.e Cubase, etc)

jyue22

Flash Sale Customer Service Inquiry

So a quick briefing on what happened: I ordered a Aspire V7-582PG-6854 Ultrabook on the week of the 2-3 day Flash Sale on the 12-13th of August. I made the purchase on the 13th before the flash sale ended and got an email the next day saying my order was cancelled. Of course I was curious and emailed back saying why, and they said they made some verification and systems changes to the information I put in the order. It was a vague explanation for a cancelled order so I asked if there was anyway... See more...

So a quick briefing on what happened:

I ordered a Aspire V7-582PG-6854 Ultrabook on the week of the 2-3 day Flash Sale on the 12-13th of August. I made the purchase on the 13th before the flash sale ended and got an email the next day saying my order was cancelled. Of course I was curious and emailed back saying why, and they said they made some verification and systems changes to the information I put in the order. It was a vague explanation for a cancelled order so I asked if there was anyway I could re-order the product with the Flash Sale discount because the sale was already over.

I got redirected to the 1-800-910-2237 number and got a hold of a customer representative who was helpful and understood my problem and tried to fix the price of the V7 for me. He couldn't do it for me so he referred me to Temple, Texas HQ for the inquiry. I explained my situation, got put on hold for a couple of seconds and said they could do absolutely nothing about it because the sale was already over. I'm frustrated and upset. I had rightfully purchased it during the flash sale, but was notified after the sale was over that my order got cancelled and now, they couldn't give me a thorough explanation why they couldn't fulfill my request because I was "too late to have called in". I had to work 6 days straight after I had ordered the laptop and got home at 7pm every night, so I'm not sure if there was any possible way of me contacting them in that time frame and had my situation remedied within the contact hours.

If an Acer Representative could please address my situation, I would very much appreciate it. This is my first laptop buy and I don't want things to go sour.

zachyerxa

Need a laptop w/ Gigabit Ethernet, but site says Ethernet 10/100/1000? Same thing?

So, I'm looking to buy an Acer Aspire E 15.6" Laptop with Gigabit Ethernet. But, the Future Shop website says it has "Ethernet Port: 10/100/1000".. Is this the same thing or..? Thanks! -from Canada!

zughu

How to contact ACER Support ?

Hello, I am currently trying to contact the ACER support, however the Case Booking and the Chat with a Support Agent require you to give a correct Serial number or SNID. I tried to connect several times with the codes i have on my Aspire TimelineUltra M5-581TG-53314G52Mass, bought on 08/08/2012 with a 3 years-extension warranty, but none of these ones seem to work properly ... What can I do to contact them ? My laptop has several problems and I need to get it fixed asap, I use it for studies and... See more...

Hello,

I am currently trying to contact the ACER support, however the Case Booking and the Chat with a Support Agent require you to give a correct Serial number or SNID.

I tried to connect several times with the codes i have on my Aspire TimelineUltra M5-581TG-53314G52Mass, bought on 08/08/2012 with a 3 years-extension warranty, but none of these ones seem to work properly ...

What can I do to contact them ? My laptop has several problems and I need to get it fixed asap, I use it for studies and work :smileysad:

Thank you for your attention

Rightformula1

Questions regarding Acer Aspire Switch 10 Warranty

Hi, I'm very interested and most likely going to be going ahead with a purchase of the Acer Aspire Switch 10 but I have a few questions. As the device is currently not available in Australia my plan is to either: A) pick one of these devices up when I visit the US in two weeks time Or B) order it now (from the US) and have it shipped here, so it is delivered by the time I return from my journey. So my main question is, as I have seen several different people having the same issue on here wi... See more...
Hi,

I'm very interested and most likely going to be going ahead with a purchase of the Acer Aspire Switch 10 but I have a few questions. As the device is currently not available in Australia my plan is to either:

A) pick one of these devices up when I visit the US in two weeks time

Or

B) order it now (from the US) and have it shipped here, so it is delivered by the time I return from my journey.

So my main question is, as I have seen several different people having the same issue on here with no apparent fix, if I made the purchase would I be covered under warranty? I think the first one would see me covered under the international travellers warranty, but it's not very clear. The second option would only be local (US) warranty, is that correct? So if I had an issue I would have to send it back to the US (at my expense)? Or would it be covered here in Australia? And finally, if an issue arises here, would the local acer service centre (located in Sydney) be able to fix the issue or arrange a replacement model, even if I have to pay a fee?

Thanks for the help, I'm throughly impressed with the device for what it is, I just don't want to be stuck with a dud and find out I'm not covered by warranty after I return home (Australia) or when it arrives.
redhood56

When will the Acer Aspire V7-582PG-6854 be restocked at the MS Store?

Hello! I was wondering if the Acer Aspire V7-882PG-6854 will be restocked at the MS Store? link

therongguy

Acer Aspire V5-573G mSATA-port

So I'm thinking about buying the new model of the Acer V5, the V5-573G-54218G1Takk, and would like to know if it has a free mSATA-port like the model from last year?

Mickymike

Aspire s7-392 from ebay

Hello. I really want to get myself a s7.
I have found some on ebay for $1675aud. Which $300 cheaper than in stores.
I'm worried about warranty though. I asked the seller and he says it comes with 1 year manufacture warranty.
Will I need the original receipt that he got when he bought them?
He has heaps for sale so I assume he buys laptops/pcs (business line) in bulk and sells on ebay.

Thanks
Pippa

PC for Photoshop

Can anyone advise on what desk/laptop I should consider for use with Photoshop CS5? I'm an amateur photographer and need something with speed and storage capacity when editing my pics.  I'd like to keep it below $2000 if possible.  Clearly, I have no knowledge of what computers are out there now that would suit my needs without too many unnecessary bells and whistles that I will not use.  Thanks, Pippa

bilge

Questions about Acer Aspire V7

I am getting a laptop for college and I would like it to be great all around. I would like to do some light gaming, and it seems like the Aspire V7 is the perfect fit for me.   With that being said, what are the differences between these two models?   http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V7-582PG-6479-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00H7WF21G/ref=sr_1_2?s=...   http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Acer-Aspire-V7-582PG-6854-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/...   Thanks for the help! If you have an... See more...

I am getting a laptop for college and I would like it to be great all around. I would like to do some light gaming, and it seems like the Aspire V7 is the perfect fit for me.

With that being said, what are the differences between these two models?

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V7-582PG-6479-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00H7WF21G/ref=sr_1_2?s=...

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Acer-Aspire-V7-582PG-6854-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/...

Thanks for the help!

If you have any other suggestions of laptops to get, Let me know!

bdanyi

Will NEVER buy an Acer product again

I have bought two laptops from Acer within a 2 year time frame and have hardware problems with both.  One was within warranty and was able to get it fixed, but the laptop still does not perform like it should.  The second started having hardware problems 1 MONTH after the warranty was up.  The second one is a more expensive Ultra-thin notebook and with the amount of money I spent, it surely should last more than 13 months.  Their customer support is absurd; can no longer send emails to customer ... See more...

I have bought two laptops from Acer within a 2 year time frame and have hardware problems with both.  One was within warranty and was able to get it fixed, but the laptop still does not perform like it should.  The second started having hardware problems 1 MONTH after the warranty was up.  The second one is a more expensive Ultra-thin notebook and with the amount of money I spent, it surely should last more than 13 months.  Their customer support is absurd; can no longer send emails to customer service, they want you to go to a forum or chat with someone. I am a professional medical student and have no time to wait for a customer support person.  And since both laptops are out of warranty now they won't talk to me anyway.  I can't even ask simple, specific questions directly to the manufacturer of the product but rather depend on other people to help.  Does that sound wrong to anyone but me? I would think a company would want to keep their buyers happy so that they will be loyal customers and buy more products.  Well, you lost this customer. Keep up the great work!

fred69

My experience with horrible Acer Costumer Service

I`ve been always respecting acer as company science 2002 when i received my first laptop, till 2014 when i`ve order predator g3 desktop pc , I have been collecting this money almost one year. That was the worst decision in my live. I have paid 1400€ for 2 -days working computer. I`ve update bios from Your official website using serial number from sticker on PC. After one restart computer never worked again.   Contacted forums (they didnt solve problem) ( http://community.acer.com/t5/Desktops-All... See more...
I`ve been always respecting acer as company science 2002 when i received my first laptop, till 2014 when i`ve order predator g3 desktop pc , I have been collecting this money almost one year.
That was the worst decision in my live. I have paid 1400€ for 2 -days working computer. I`ve update bios from Your official website using serial number from sticker on PC. After one restart computer never worked again.

Contacted forums (they didnt solve problem) ( http://community.acer.com/t5/Desktops-All-In-Ones/Dead-BIOS-Acer-Predator-MS-7829-REV-1-1/td-p/24552... ) also no ANSWER, i have to fix it myself)   , facebook (no answer till now ), email ( no answer till now ) , contacted acer service in Netherlands, they rejected repair because of broken seal ( yes, i was trying to reset bios by jumper on motherboard). So i decided to buy other motherboard than factory, i bougth ASRock Z87M OC and also power supply from BeQuiet company. I changed broken parts and i made it working myself. I spend 350€ to repair dead computer after bios update and unnice service.

And Your facebook  , worst PR ever, how is possible i cannot contact You via facebook in 2014 ?

I am deaf person, i cannot use phone to contact You and service . i HATE this kind of service. This is unbelievable for me i have to ask peoples to get Your company email to send you message. Because i do not want to use support website for reasons You can read here. i give up, because i didnt found any email to contact You.

After this i have contact your unbelievable not professional service about one software issue , to make better quality and power of sound it is exactly : [edited to comply with guidelines], i have wait 5 days for answer,  who in 2014 is replies to costumer messages in 5 days, is unacceptable, not professional, and not nice against me = costumer.

I asked for name of software in answer i have get "how to reset ur pc to factory settings" , then i replied for this message i have no answer from Your support till now ( 14 day -  no reply )

I was always suggesting your products to my friends and family ( even in models like 5720, 7250, 3690 etc.where u got always problems with broken power suppy cable) , totally I bought 6 laptops from Your company, and one, last desktop PC with i am using now.

I am very disappointed from Your service, and the way you treat your good ex-client.

After this You send me email " Acer - Request for Customer Feedback" from CEB Customer Surveys CEBCustomerSurveys@executiveboard.com . You make me totally angry now and please do not ask me such stupid questions where i can answer like You have answer me .

Shame on You Acer.
You lost me .
Costinutz35

Acer R7 - Few questions and where to buy.

Hello Acer forums!   After hours of thinking, i picked up this the Acer R7 as it suits my needs perfectly. It's portable, convertible and thin.   Can anyone please tell me : Did anyone tried gaming on this one ? I'll do some CAD and Programming, and some gaming from time to time. What experiences do you have with this laptop ?   And the last but most important: What is it's real price and where i can buy the i7 variant ? What do i mean with real price ? I found it at $899 with i5 and 1300+ i7.  ... See more...

Hello Acer forums!

After hours of thinking, i picked up this the Acer R7 as it suits my needs perfectly.

It's portable, convertible and thin.

Can anyone please tell me :

Did anyone tried gaming on this one ? I'll do some CAD and Programming, and some gaming from time to time.

What experiences do you have with this laptop ?

And the last but most important:

What is it's real price and where i can buy the i7 variant ?

What do i mean with real price ? I found it at $899 with i5 and 1300+ i7.

400 bucks extra aren't worth for 1mb cache and 400mhz or less turbo boost freq.

Thank you and please excuse my broken english!

Syamil

Help!

Can somebody explain this to me?( Charges for Out of Warranty units are as follows: 1. Verification without proceeding to repair/service: $50 2. Labour charge for repair/service: $80 3. Replacement of faulty parts: to be advised by the service engineer. Above figures are before GST) so I need to pay 130$ total??
lf65

dvd writer

I am looking at an acer note  book that says it has a: DVD Writer.
Also am looking at another brand of notebook that says it has : dvd super multi drive.
It is my understanding, though I am not sure, that the  Multi drive  part means that it can read/write/rewrite CDs and all formats of DVD's .  
The spes on the acer just say "DVD WRITER"  - so what  does it support.

Tyring to decided which I want to buy. 

Thanks

Phil-3

Bluetooth auto start

Moved to Notebooks & Netbooks for better exposure.

Phil-3

Upgrade Aspire 8930G

Moved to Notebooks & Netbooks for better exposure.

Fredrik98

from 8gb to 16gb upgrade help

So im thinking about getting myself a upgrade from 8gb to 16gb. This is my Mb acer va50_hc_cr, i have a laptop.The ram that i want is this:Corsair VS 16G SODIMM DDR3 Kit 1600MHz , 2x204 SO DIMMBut if these dont fit can you find me one that does 2x8gb ! 
jimacerinterest

Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 versus Acer Aspire NX.M83AA.006

1. What is the difference between the Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 11.6" Laptop and the Acer Aspire NX.M83AA.006 11.6" Laptop?

2. What factors should I consider to help me decide between the two Laptops?

Thomas014

Acer W4 or Acer W5

Hello!   I have recently been looking into PC windows tablets from all different companies. And have narrowed it down to the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. These tablets seem to be perfect for Work, watching videos and going on the internet. Which is Exactly I what to do! So at the moment I'm split between the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. I want to know what features and the Performance of each one because I can't make sense of the datasheet. I'm no computer expert as you can see!    So what features does... See more...

Hello!

I have recently been looking into PC windows tablets from all different companies. And have narrowed it down to the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. These tablets seem to be perfect for Work, watching videos and going on the internet. Which is Exactly I what to do! So at the moment I'm split between the Acer W4 and the Acer W5. I want to know what features and the Performance of each one because I can't make sense of the datasheet. I'm no computer expert as you can see! 

So what features does the Acer W4 have and what features does the Acer W5 have? Also which has the better performance?

Thanks ever so much!

Thomas

P.S. Is this the correct place to post questions - I'm new to this part of the webite... 

kkessick

which laptop?

Im looking for a laptop that

-is touchscreen

-compatible with newer and older games

-Windows 7

-can play high graphic games

-light weight

-thin

-regular size

I was told to check Acer.  Can someone help?