Old windows vista not activated

GKuipers74
GKuipers74 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have and old Acer Aspire 6920 that runs windows vista home premium 64bit, bought brand new in 2006 I believe. My wife and I used it for a few years, then it acted like it had a bad virus, internet expolrer wouldn't open,we quit using it for awhile, till recently I have started using it again. Going through the laptop, trying to get everything updated, I noticed that service pack 2 wasn't installed. I have tried several times to get it to install, and it won't,and after the last time I attempted it, now windows won't boot up unless I hit F8, and disable driver signature. I have tried changing product key, and I have even called Acer's third party support, and they told me that I don't have to register windows, well if that is the case, then why would Microsoft say you have to? I can't get command prompt to work properly, it opens, but when I type in any command it seems, like slmgr -rearm, or -ipk, or any of the slmgr commands, I get access denied, and tried to get around it, nothing works. If anyone can help me out here and get this laptop working properly again, I would appreciate it. As far as I know, it does not have a bootlegged copy of vista, it is the original copy.  Thank you  GKuipers74