How can I change the email address (Acer ID)?

fesiol
fesiol Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I recently changed my email address and now I need to update my Acer ID.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi fesiol,

Unfortunately, the email address on an Acer ID account cannot be changed. What you can do, is unregister your product from the previous account and create your new Acer ID. Once you've done so, you could send me a message and we'll work on updating your community account as well.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• lavbec54
    lavbec54 Member Posts: 1 New User

How do you unregiter the account to create a new one with the correct email?

• MaryVAnn
    MaryVAnn Member Posts: 2 New User

That is beyond ridiculous. Not your answer, just the fact that ACER is so useless. The email address that ACER has has not worked in two years. I've tried to change it before. Since I'm pretty sure that trying to register a laptop that's been out of warranty for two years will only result in unregistering it completely, I won't try that. What I will do is go back to HP. I've never encountered such a useless company in all my time with computers, scanners, printers, etc. 

I wish someone had warned me what a step down it would be to go from hp to ACER, in the computer itself, but especially in trying to ever get any help with anything. 

• NWRambler
    NWRambler Member Posts: 2 New User

It appears there is still no way to change your email address for the Acer ID.   This is really dumb!  At least let a customer add additional email addresses.  

• NWRambler
    NWRambler Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm closing the old email this year. I've updated most of my other online sites, but not here.  But I'll be stuck with it on this site because... why? Perhaps the Acer web programmers don't know how to solve the issue. 

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello NWRambler,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you are having with your Acer ID.

Please send a private message to Acer-Jose who will be able to assist you.

Thanks!

• mariee41
    mariee41 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also looking for an answer to this

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hi mariee41,

You should be able to send a Private Message to Acer-Jose - just click the link to be taken to a page to write out a message to him and he should be able to help you out!

• malcken
    malcken Member Posts: 1 New User

I too have to change my email address (thanks to Orange/freeserve etc closing their service)

I have tried following the links (shown in other messages) to leave a private message but when the new window opens I cannot input any text.

Anyone have an idea why this is? Could it be my Internet Security software preventing me?

malcken

• Kathy-1

Hi malcken,

I'm sorry you're having problems with sending a private message; I'm unsure why it's not allowing you to from the direct links.  Let me give you a link to the profile page of Acer-Karp, who is now the person to contact about address changes:

Acer-Karp (https://community.acer.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/181739)

Once you're on the profile page, just click the "Send a message" link from the right-hand side and you should be able to send a PM that way.

If you have any issues with it, please let me know!

• RedEipert
    RedEipert Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to send a private message with the details as suggested but the link does not allow me to enter any information.

• RedEipert
    RedEipert Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to send a private message with the details as suggested but the link does not allow me to enter any information.

• Phil-3

Hello RedEiper,

Please try this link now: https://community.acer.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/181739

The system is designed to allow sending private messages once you have submitted your first post which you have now done.

Thank you.

• ksn
    ksn Member Posts: 1 New User

I too would like to change my email address for my Acer account since Verizon is discontinuing its email service.  I have tried all the links in this message board and NONE of them work.  

How can a computer company have such difficulty resolving this issue?  I have changed my email address on over a hundred web sites in the past week without encountering such a problem.

• Phil-3

Please try this link now: https://community.acer.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/181739

The system is designed to allow sending private messages once you have submitted your first post which you have now done. Acer-Karp will be able to help you.

Thank you.

• Caper64
    Caper64 Member Posts: 1 New User

this link does not work, it does not give a place to input info

• Kathy-1

Caper64 wrote:

this link does not work, it does not give a place to input info

Hi Caper64,

Try again now that you've made a post to the community.  You should be able to send a message.

• ccnn
    ccnn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have this problem.