Topic

Visitor
mohammed510

iconia w3 battery activation time???

Just bought my acer iconia w3.. it has been connected to the charger for like 30mins now. Yet it wont turn on?? How much time does it needs to activate the battery?? Am i suppose to see any indicators that the battery is charging?? Because there is no led indicators ?
ACE Pioneer
padgett

Re: iconia w3 battery activation time???

I just left mine connected for a few hours. That said there is a led at the top of the power sw that is orange when charging and blue when charged. If there is a problem it flashes. When plugged in you should see one of those.  Thie power connector isn't in the headphone jack ? Is seated all of the way ? A DVM in the power cord plug should see about 12vdc.

Notary Sojack Y'all
Click >HERE< for web page
Visitor
mohammed510

It has booted but without any led .. when i disconnect the charger .. the tablet would turn itself off, is this normal ??
ACE Pioneer
padgett

That almost sounds like you do not have a battery (or not a functional one). When you boot there should be an indicator in the tray that looks like a battery with a plug. If you hover the pointer over it you should get a message with the state like this (I have circled the power icon).

power.jpg

If not in the tray you have a problem.

(this is from Windows 7 but windows 8 has the same icon just with the plug on the left - the message blocked the icon on the W3 so I used this one.)

Notary Sojack Y'all
Visitor
mohammed510

If it flashes will a factory reset solve the problem ??
ACE Pioneer
padgett

I do not know, flashing is not covered in the user-guide. I have wondered if there is a pattern as in beep codes.

Notary Sojack Y'all
Regular Visitor
alfer

Hi, I'm having totally the same issue with the iconia w3 battery. it never charged properly since i got it last week. I already returned the original product i got & asked for replacement because according to the service center rep it could be a factory defect. However, the new one does the same. Unit shuts down whenever i unplug it from AC, LED indicator off but when you hover over the battery icon on the lower right hand side of the desktop battery status says "100% available(plugged in,charging)". Also i've been experimenting w/ it and kept on plugging in-unplugging the AC connector and turn it back on & evidently will only power on when plugged in, and at times I get the orange LED on blinking but this time battery icon says "plugged in (not charging)". Help please.. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed a Factory Defect????

ACE Pioneer
padgett

Sounds to me that the battery is not connected (runs on a/c only). Have you contacted the Acer support ?

http:support.acer.com. Will need either the s/n or the SNID (latter is a tiny lable on the bottom center of the case).

Notary Sojack Y'all
Visitor
BrianBZ

I am having the same problem - got a replacement tablet from PCworld - both do it - seems a systemic or a manufacturing batch problem with the battery

Visitor
Nishantsama

Same prblm here i got it on order after week and now give it back for replacement and its week one now i haven"t got my replacement tablet. Im afraid that if i get replaced tablet does it make the same problem

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: