iconia tab8w

waco61
waco61 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

my great little tab has went nuts ,cant recharge it (charging animation plays )but no recharge,spent a week trying to recharge then screen became unresponsive,i would touch screen but it would be highlited well away from point i touched,

exactly a year from purchase its gone crazy,any one any ideas,ive tried to contact acer but nothing so far,even their twitter account wont respond,

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Yeah, not sounding like it makes much sense, the charging circuit and touch screen don't really have much in common. Has it been dropped maybe? That might have loosened connectors... Keep at trying to contact Acer support, that's likely going to be the best bet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • silverfir2001
    silverfir2001 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problem, i am suspecting that my charger is not functioning because it also doesnt work to my phone when i used it...so i come up with replacing the charger. May i have any advice or tips in buying a new charger for my iconia w1-810? I dont know what should i consider in buying.

Sometimez the adaptor is functioning and sometimez not....if i use different OTG cable attach to the adaptor it doeznt work. Same goes with my phone.

Is there also a case, that a virus might have something to do with this?