acer iconia w3 - 810, please help me!

kicompel
kicompel Member Posts: 4 New User

my tab acer w3 now cannot boot into windows, just stay on black screen with some messeages. I created windows 8.1 bootable USB, I tried to create DVD bootable too, but my tab did not boot from them. I read a lot of topic on this site but I cannot solve my problem by myseft. So, could you all, please help me, tell me more detail how to setup BIOS, how to create a bootable USB, or DVD, how I reinstall windows on my tab again, Thank you all so much! (BIOS version 1.07, I have no

DVD recover disk)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Could you tell us what messages it gives when trying to boot? Perhaps we can fix it without a full reinstall.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kicompel

this messeages ask me to insert DVD recover disk, but have no this DVD, thank you!

• billsey

If you contact Acer support they can get you the correct recovery disc/usb for your model. It's regional so you need the right one. If you are out of warranty they will charge a little for it, but it should get you on the road. Sounds to me like you might have gotten hit with a boot sector virus that's not aware of the new boot processes.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kicompel

thank you billsey, I will contact Acer for helping, but could you show me, step by step, reinstall windows by myself?

• billsey

IIRC there are two 'flavors' of W3-810, an early and a late. The early uses the old style boot sector and it's pretty easy to boot from different images. The late flavor uses a EUFI boot, and requires a signed boot image. That means you must use the appropriate boot image or nothing happens. It's really tough to disable the EUFI function. If it weren't tough, the virus writers would be able to continue to do the rootkit type of attacks. As it stands now the worst the viruses can do is make the computer not boot rather than corrupting actual data.

Best for you is to go ahead and get the official recovery image from Acer and let it fix you up.

• kicompel

thank you so much billsey, I'll take my tab to ACER.

This discussion has been closed.