Windows 8.1 W700 touch sceen problem

NUKE
NUKE Member Posts: 2 New User

I just updated to windows 8.1

The touch screen seems to sleep after a few seconds.  It now takes two swipes or touches to do anything

Answers

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

I do not have 8.1 yet so these ideas are off the top.  Hope you get it fixed as I have a 700p I was going to update, but will await the results of your update. 

I would go to control panel/device manager and right click on the touchscreen and try to update the driver and see if it helps.

Also you might look around in the control panel/tablet area or display area for new settings.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Go to Device Manager and look at the Human Interface Devices. There will be some USB devices that end up being the touchscreen. If you change the power options on those so they don't turn off to save power the problem should be fixed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • triskele10
    triskele10 Member Posts: 13 New User

I'm going back to 8.0

Skype does't work any more, IE and the touchseen isn't smooth anymore and IE is slower.

I liked 8.0 and I see no advantage in upgrading. I realy love my W700 but now it's worse than my A200.

I'm back to 8.0 now, what a difference. Happy W700 user again.

• NUKE
    NUKE Member Posts: 2 New User

Solved!

Under "Human Interface Devices"  there are two "USB input Device" drivers that had power saving checked.  I unchecked them and everything is back to normal.

8.1 works great.

• dabaca
    dabaca Member Posts: 2 New User

the choice of energy is in grey. only I can mark "allow this device to reactivate the pc"

This discussion has been closed.