W700 - Windows 8.1 - Graphics Driver

hmptec
hmptec Member Posts: 15 New User

Hi

Does anyone else have a proble with the Intel HD 4000 graphics driver after the 8. 1 update?

Deivce manager has a yellow exclamation point and states 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

Can't adjust brightness or use the hdmi port.

Thanks, in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

The Intel website has a new driver that is compatible with 8.1... It just hasn't yet percolated down into the Acer support site.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hmptec

billsey wrote:

The Intel website has a new driver that is compatible with 8.1... It just hasn't yet percolated down into the Acer support site.

Can you point me to them please? i can't find the drivers for 8.1

Thanks, in advance.

• billsey

Sure, here's the latest I find on their site. Dated the middle of September it looks like the same one I used successfully on my W700.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hmptec

billsey wrote:

Sure, here's the latest I find on their site. Dated the middle of September it looks like the same one I used successfully on my W700.

Thanks, but they didn't work for me as I still have the same error. I can't change the screen brightness, nor can I put the tablet into sleep mode nor does the hdmi port work. I have reverted back to the drivers on the Acer site for the w700 and they seem to work fine in 8.1

Thanks again. Hopefully Acer will release their own drivers shorlty (hint)

• marco1981
    marco1981 Member Posts: 6 New User
    No w700 drivers to Windows 8.1 yet. At least i didnt find here in Acer drivers download center.
  • billsey

I'll check the driver version I'm using when I get home tonight... I know I downloaded it from the Intel site, and first one they had for 8.1 didn't work.

• Ethos
    Ethos Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

it is still **bleep** laggy as hell.. this is not designed for tabets looks like ..

• billsey

OK, the version I'm running, which works, is 9.18.10.3257. The current version that's available through Windows Update, which doesn't work, is 9.18.10.3316. :-( We'll have to wait for yet another release for them to fix it again.

• Ethos

This is stupid this gonna take months .. 

How do revert back to normal win 8?

• triskele10
    triskele10 Member Posts: 13 New User

I did a clean installation with the DVD's, no 8.1 for me at this moment.

• HiSpeed
    HiSpeed Member Posts: 35 New User

What is Acer thinking? Haven't they heard about Windows 8.1?

• hmptec

HiSpeed wrote:

What is Acer thinking? Haven't they heard about Windows 8.1?

Are there any Acer reps on this board? Would they like to comment? When can we expect a service pack from Acer to address 8.1 problems (which should have been available from yesterday).

• jpearn
    jpearn Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

Go over to http://station-drivers.com/ grab the latest Intel chipset, HD4000 and DPTF drivers and install. Everything works as it should (much better than Win 8 !)

• hmptec

jpearn wrote:

Go over to http://station-drivers.com/ grab the latest Intel chipset, HD4000 and DPTF drivers and install. Everything works as it should (much better than Win 8 !)

Thanks for that.

Just noticed also that new bluetooth and wireless drivers were posted on the Acer site yesterday.

• HiSpeed
    HiSpeed Member Posts: 35 New User

Which one jpearn? I'm not an expert!! Link to drivers, pleace

• hmptec

HiSpeed wrote:

Which one jpearn? I'm not an expert!! Link to drivers, pleace

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/a08/Win64_15335.exe (for Intel 4000 graphics)

http://station-drivers.com/download/intel/chipset/intel_DPTF_7.1.0.2103(www.station-drivers.com).exe for dptf

I haven't tried them yet as |'m not at home. Perhaps jpearn could confirm?

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I haven't tried the generic Intel display driver on the 8.1, as in the past they have not worked perfectly with W700 (would not be able to control brightness). However, the generice Intel driver that 8.1 installed (10.18.10.3316) seems to be working PERFECTLY, so maybe these new generic Intel drivers could work.

While you are at station-drivers, also grab the latest Bluetooth driver as you will need it. (uninstall your previous driver through Uninstall a Program in Control Panel before installing this new one)

Also a note with the WiFi. After updating to 8.1, I uninstalled all my previous Qualcomm WiFi driver and stumbled upon the Microsoft Atheros driver (version 3.0.1.155) and it seems to be better than any of the previous Qualcomm Atheros driver.

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

As hmptec mentioned, digging through Acer's driver section, looks like we can find some updated Win8.1 drivers under W700P! So go grab your drivers now if you haven't done so already.

• Ethos
    they put old rdivers on download site .. stupid .. I have newer ..

• Icon15
    Icon15 Member Posts: 1 New User

Many thanks. Have tried to download the current Intel driver as well as the one in your link - but both have sadly not worked. Any suggestions where else I could download a orking driver for HD 4000?

This discussion has been closed.