W510 keyboard dock stuck in limbo?

malaakso
malaakso Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I plugged my dock+tablet combo to the charger before going to bed. In the morning I noticed that the keyboard dock does not work anymore, the battery in the tablet part was not charged, and the small red light in the keyboard dock stays lit even though it is not plugged in to the charger anymore. The tablet part on its own is working fine and is now charging directly from the charger, without the keyboard dock.

Is there a way to "reset" the keyboard dock somehow (some key combination for instance)? Or would it help if I would just discharge the dock battery until it is empty by plugging a USB flashlight to the USB port (it's at least supplying power)?

I really wouldn't like to send the keyboard dock to service, again, after the trackpad issue was fixed the last time. It's not very cheap to send it around Europe at my expense.

Best Answer

• malaakso
    Answer ✓

I emptied the battery so that the small red led turned off. After plugging in the tablet part, keyboard and trackpad are working again. However, one problem remains: Windows claims that Battery #2 (i.e., that in the dock) is not present, and the small red led in the dock is flashing. I'll see what a little bit of charging will do.

Answers

• malaakso
    Answer ✓

I emptied the battery so that the small red led turned off. After plugging in the tablet part, keyboard and trackpad are working again. However, one problem remains: Windows claims that Battery #2 (i.e., that in the dock) is not present, and the small red led in the dock is flashing. I'll see what a little bit of charging will do.

• malaakso

Recharge and reboot and everything is fine again!

This discussion has been closed.