Windows Tablets

Topic

Visitor
jatclat

W500 windows 8 screen rotate doesn't work

I have recently bought an Iconia Tab W500. After installing Windows 8, screen rotate stopped working. I know about the rotate lock - it's off! What do I do?

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Re: W500 windows 8 screen rotate doesn't work

[ Edited ]

Hello jatclat, The best thing to do is go to the support site and download the G sensor driver for windows 8. Here is the link you need G sensor Driver

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
Visitor
jatclat

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Any more ideas?

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Well you may want to try and downgrade back to the OEM Windows 7 load and then update all the drivers then run the upgrade to Windows 8 and this may help

― E.A. Bucchianeri
Visitor
ktdan1

you will also need to install either the Dritek- Device control or the EETi- HID. 

Visitor
jatclat

Seems to have been solved now. The difficult bit was finding the Device Driver on the Acer site. It's in Applications, but not mentioned under Windows 8.

Super Contributor
Joshua188

awesome :smileyhappy: Glad to hear the unit is working now.

― E.A. Bucchianeri
New Contributor
westonr

Did you just install the device driver to get it to work under applications and was it Windows 8 the Commercial release version. Did you also update  the AMD Driver.

Thanks

Visitor
jatclat

Apologies for not replying before. I installed Windows 8 Pro but not (knowingly) the AMD driver. Automatic screen rotate worked. But after a week or so I didn't need that function, and when I wanted to use it again just a few days ago it had stopped working. I then reinstalled the device driver, plus the AMD driver - which Windows thought had already been installed. There was a moment of excitement when the screen changed from landscape to portrait, but there it stuck. I re-set it to landscape using Control Panel/Display. There I noticed that Windows 8 doesn't give an option for variable orientation: it wants you to tell it either portrait or landscape. So it seems I can change the orientation manually but not automatically.

Visitor
wolbar

My screen has to be manually rotated as well. After 6 months no fix has been implementd.  Acer has no future in my life after this.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: