W500 windows 8 screen rotate doesn't work

jatclat
jatclat Member Posts: 4 New User

I have recently bought an Iconia Tab W500. After installing Windows 8, screen rotate stopped working. I know about the rotate lock - it's off! What do I do?

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hello jatclat, The best thing to do is go to the support site and download the G sensor driver for windows 8. Here is the link you need G sensor Driver

• jatclat

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Any more ideas?

• Joshua188

Well you may want to try and downgrade back to the OEM Windows 7 load and then update all the drivers then run the upgrade to Windows 8 and this may help

• ktdan1
    ktdan1 Member Posts: 1 New User

you will also need to install either the Dritek- Device control or the EETi- HID. 

• jatclat

Seems to have been solved now. The difficult bit was finding the Device Driver on the Acer site. It's in Applications, but not mentioned under Windows 8.

• Joshua188

awesome Smiley Happy Glad to hear the unit is working now.

• westonr
    westonr Member Posts: 35 New User

Did you just install the device driver to get it to work under applications and was it Windows 8 the Commercial release version. Did you also update  the AMD Driver.

Thanks

• jatclat

Apologies for not replying before. I installed Windows 8 Pro but not (knowingly) the AMD driver. Automatic screen rotate worked. But after a week or so I didn't need that function, and when I wanted to use it again just a few days ago it had stopped working. I then reinstalled the device driver, plus the AMD driver - which Windows thought had already been installed. There was a moment of excitement when the screen changed from landscape to portrait, but there it stuck. I re-set it to landscape using Control Panel/Display. There I noticed that Windows 8 doesn't give an option for variable orientation: it wants you to tell it either portrait or landscape. So it seems I can change the orientation manually but not automatically.

• wolbar
    wolbar Member Posts: 1 New User

My screen has to be manually rotated as well. After 6 months no fix has been implementd.  Acer has no future in my life after this.

• westonr
    westonr Member Posts: 35 New User

See westonr post he had same issue and resolved it

This discussion has been closed.