W500 erecovery help

left4dawn
left4dawn Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an acer iconia tab w500 and I don't have the recovery disks but I tried making a usb restore drive. My problem is when i connect the usb flash drive it starts and begins the recovery process and gets about 20 minutes in and asks "please insert recovery disk 1 into optical drive." I am not using an optical drive because i dont have one. That is why I tried recovering with a usb instead. 

I tried searching the forums and saw a post mentioning to change the rcd.dat file pcs=2 line to pcs=1 and deleteing the rcd2.dat. I tried this but it still only gets to a certain point and asks for disk 1.

Can anyone help me? How should I install the recovery disk files onto the usb to get passed that error. Or am I gonna be forced to buy an optical drive and burn the files to dvd''s?

I am using a 16gb flash drive. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I'm not sure, but you might need to have the volume name on the USB the same as the recovery disc. Wouldn't hurt to try anyway.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.