Switch 10 Sw5-012,installed Windows 10 TP(build 9926),Realtek WLAN driver not functioning

C_David
C_David Member Posts: 6 New User

As the title informs,i own an aspire switch 10 sw5-012-153l, and i installed the latest build of windows 10 technical preview on it(build 9926).

Before doing so,i used the acer recovery manager to create a backup of all the applications and drivers,presumably these drivers are for win 8.1 and not for Win 10 TP.

Even so,all the drivers except the one for Wireless LAN(by realtek) work,the driver in question just doesn't do anything,i have tried installing it in compatibility mode,I even fiddled with it in the device manager and all it did is freeze my tab.

So is there a way i could get it to function?or is there a way i could get a driver made for win 10 TP?would acer help me in this regard?

Answers

• racrecco
    racrecco Member Posts: 4 New User

How did you install the Windows 10 operating system?  Did you use a usb stick?

• C_David

yep,via a usb stick,the windows update method doesn't work(at least didn't for me),throws up a "compressed operating system" error.

• Kotana
    Kotana Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi C_David,

Coul you please intruct me to update to Windows 10 with USB? I'm nood and I try with update many time but unsuccessed 

Thnks in advance.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

It sounds more like a compatibility issue. Is the error a "Code 10" (can see in Device Manager>Network Adapters>Realtek).

I has a similar problem with the Broadcom in my W3 but Uninstall/reboot fixed that.

The other possibility is to contact Realtek and ask if they have a Win 10 driver. I had to get a special driver from DisplayLink but the Win 8.1 version would not install at all.

• StupidFatCat
    StupidFatCat Member Posts: 1 New User

you just need a new driver for your WIFI.

try this one, it's working for me. (i have a same laptop intalled win10tp)

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGGEnqe

you need to update from device manager

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

• Jstiles24
    Jstiles24 Member Posts: 2 New User

The secret to getting Windows 10 on this device is to boot with an OTG USB adapter. USB from the keyboard doesn't work. I pulled my hair out for quite a while before I tried an OTG micro USB adapter directly in the tablet and not standard USB in the keyboard port. Still need to use RUFUS to create a GPT patirion scheme for UEFI computer, formatted for FAT32 along with a 32-bit version of Windows 10.

• Kotana

I got the wifi connection already.

I formatted and instal a clean win10 preview.

After that I connected my switch 10 with my phone and use usb tethering to connect to the internet for switch 10.

Go to Device manage to check and update drive (Generic SIOC device) by searching the internet and it found the driver for it.

Im so exciting now because win10 is much more smooth than 8.1

Untitled.png

• C_David

i would have loved to help had i visited this thread sooner,looks like you achieved it on your own.

also,guys,yes an updated/newer driver was needed for the realtek rtl 8723bs network adapter and i already found it here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=c75ff873e21e0d62&id=C75FF873E21E0D62%217590&ithint=file,rar.&authkey=!AM7wI7CPdRb5HbM

this driver works for me and should work for anyone whose tablet features the aforementioned realtek network adapter

also,for me,there was no need to use the usb OTG port because the full sized port on the dock worked well.

• bigdarlodave
    bigdarlodave Member Posts: 6 New User

Is there any particular setup you need to install windows 10 as i have tried 2 USB drives and formatted and used RUFUS but the system will not for the life of me show either drive in the main full sized USB port , not tried the OTG port. I have disabled secure boot....... am i missing something. regards

• Kotana
    @Bigdarlodave: Did you use GPT partition on one option of rufus when you make usb boot? MBR wont work.
  • bigdarlodave
    bigdarlodave Member Posts: 6 New User

yes i used the GPT partition on both drives, the only option when pressing f12 at boot up was windows boot manager everytime.

• jeevone
    jeevone Member Posts: 10 New User
    Does touchscreen work after installing Windows 10? For me, when I try to boot to a window 10 usb installer it asks for drivers. And even if i have the acer 8.1 drivers on the disc it doesn't detect them. So I'm wondering how you installed using usb.

Secondly, I was able to update by "windows update" method. But now the touchscreen, sound, wifi don't work.
  • Richtrix
    Richtrix Member Posts: 12 New User

These installed for me no issues... Windows 10 works very well on the switch 10...

i did need to plug an external mouse and keyboard in first of all to navaigate ....

drivers.jpg

• kenrodriguez21
    kenrodriguez21 Member Posts: 1 New User

I use Acer Switch 10 and upgraded to Windows 10 WITHOUT USB.

Remember this:

REMOVE ANY USB AND MICRO SD in your laptop to prevent the FREEZING/STUCK STATUS

when you are upgrading to windows 10. After you remove those things, It's like magical

thatbit resumes.

• fstx
    fstx Member Posts: 3 New User

From http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers I downloaded Wireless LAN_Realtek_1.0.126.2_W10x86_A.zip, which seems to contain the bluetooth driver.

acer.PNG