SW1-011 WiFi problems.....

RootedSuperuser
RootedSuperuser Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

This is a common problem with the SW1-011, its on many reviews from vendors.

I have 2 weeks to test and return this if there is no fix.....SO.

WiFi drops out, will not reconnect, have to reboot the unit or wait 5 minutes for it to reconnect.

I have observed it cut out as there is a flash on the screen, tablet KB connected, power connected.

In my house, 5 feet from the router, EVVERYTHING works fine with the router, except for this item.

SO.....

Update the BIOS was suggested somewhere, and there are several to choose from.

It has 1.03 installed. Its at 1.05/1.06/1.08/1.09

Do I do the latest or do I have to do each one?

AND

Ther are 2 Drivers available, G Sensor Driver amd Platform Drivers Installer.

After unZIPing it, I just hit the 'Install' Windows Batch File, there waas no improvment in the WiFi.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6861?b=1

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,684 Trailblazer

I believe you can update the BIOS by just installing the latest, but the installer will tell you if you need to do it incrementally.

There are a full set of drivers, including for the wireless, listed under Windows 10 32bit. I don't think they released a 64bit wireless driver, since the machine was designed for the 32bit OS. If you have installed a 64bit version, look for Realtek RTL8723BS drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RootedSuperuser
    RootedSuperuser Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

billsey wrote:
    1) There are a full set of drivers, including for the wireless, listed under Windows 10 32bit

2) look for Realtek RTL8723BS drivers.

""

1) Where? ... Post the link

2) Wher to be found? ... Post the link.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,684 Trailblazer

I just go to the Acer support site, select notebooks, Switch series, SW1-011 and it shows me the drivers.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6861?b=1

Once there change the OS to Windows 10 32bit and you should see the drivers you are looking for.

Google says that in addition to Acers drivers HP and Dell have drivers as well, though I doubt they are substantially different than the Acer drivers since likely all come from Realtek.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.