No Bootable Device on iconia w3 810

Koussouros
Koussouros Member Posts: 14 New User

I formatted tablet

I have blue message No Bootable Device

Bios only propose boot hdd

I try bootable usb key, bootbale hdd and bootable sdcard that I try with  bootable w7 and bootable w98 (6 tryings)

Allways same message

I plug tablet on my notebook (seventh trying)

No reconized

Why I can instal w7

I need w7 for using some applications that doesn't insatll on w8

**bleep**ing machine, why they sell us with system and does'nt give us simple bootable usb key for choosing system we need for us ?

w8 doens't permit to make my work

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Which Tablet ? W3/W510 cannot boot Win 7.

• Koussouros

thanks

w3 810

• Koussouros

Your cd of w8 doesn't boot

• padgett

Well Windows 7 does not have the power management drivers that the W3 requires. If you need Windows 7 then you need a different tablet. (One with an I3 or I5).

• Koussouros

By the past I had a UMID M1 umpc with 1.2 atom, 512 mo Ram and old ssd

I put sdcard with bootable w7 and installation worked greatly

Moreover my UMPC worked very great

There is not the problem what you said, please don't disturb the post because  my question is on boot

My old umpc accepted boot on all system but Iconia, doesn't; including your w8 cd

I bought a machine for making my work no a w8

Microsoft tablet have w8 also but I need w7 for installing some softwares that need w7 or less

I need this tablet with w7 for my work before to travel

It's very important for me

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Sorry to say the tablet will not work for you. To install and run Windows 7 you must have a motherboard design that doesn't use the newest chipset features that allow the W3 to cool without a fan. If you were able to install W7 you would find that the tablet dies at a young age... Better would be to contact your software vendor to find when they will support W8/W8.1. There is no reason I can think of for software to work in W7 and not in W8, except for a vendor wanting 'upgrade' fees for a fix.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Koussouros

Do you know a tip for installing solidworks on w8 32 ?

Tablet won't accept to boot including your cd of w8

• padgett

With Win 8/8.1 Solidworks requires the 64 bit version. There may be Bay Trail vtabs with 64 bit 8.1 after the first of the year but no Clover Trail (W3) will have. It also requires at least 2 GB of memory so a virtual machine running Win 7 on top of 8/8.1 probably won't work but you could try.

• Koussouros

I said, "Microsoft tablet have w8 also but I need w7 for installing some softwares that need w7 or less"

Yous said "There is no reason I can think of for software to work in W7"

I answer to you that this software doesn't work on 8 32, only 7 32 and now yous said me tother thing

Why do said me that ?

Give me tip for using this software on w7 becauise you said  "There is no reason I can think of for software to work in W7"

I's what for I need to use tabler with w7

• Koussouros

Do you have scheme of tablet so that I change plastic cover for integrating external dissipator for avoiding what you said about processor ?

I have no my answer about boot echec

tablet doens'nt accept any bood device including for acer dvd

as said on my previous atom processir device I was able to boot on sd card w7 and clone

I want to kniow how is will be sure tu boot any boot key, sd card or other on device for making clone of my own system

• Koussouros

Witch driver for processor cooling is ?

This one ? SPB Framework inteli2c Driver, the thermal framework processor

Why another brand do it for w7 ?

http://www.driversforfree.com/dt_dm_os_drd/adapter/intel/windows-7/asus-intel-dynamic-platform-and-thermal-framework-processor-participant-driver/search.aspx

Do you have link on intel for w7 driver ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Intel doesn't have drivers for this chipset and Windows 8. They have similar drivers for the previous chipset and Windows 7 but not for the new stuff.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Hello Koussouros, I had "No Bootable Device" message. It was because I had erased one of the hidden partitions. These Tablets do not operate the same as a WINdows 7 Desktop/laptop. Formatting the SSDHD is not good.

• Koussouros

Ok but what I said you is that I formated a umpc with ssd, atiom1,2 and 512 ko

I make a boot on sdcard for installing w7

The device make boot without problem

This tablet no because the acer bios is no good

We have only 2 choise on boot, unknwo device and hdd

So I just need to know how to boot this device

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Hello again,

I read this thread again and I was looking at this in a wrong way. Billingsley and Padget have told you correct. There are no UMPC or TABLET standards to support interchanging system software. There are several layers of new technology in this little tablet. You have Intel+Acer+Microsoft+Microsoft 8 all working together to make this one tablet work. It is totally custom built like all tablets.

You can interchange systems on a desktop because the standards have been put in place. UMPC and tablets are just too new for such standards

What you bought is an ACER product and only their system support will work on this tablet.

I beleive Ebay is your best option to trade this for what you need.

• Koussouros

You said that you read but you nobody answer to my simple question

What thiis device is no able to boot ?

Any kind of problem can detroy some information in tablet an bios has to be able to permit boot on usb

If no, this device is critical for work condition

I work in overseas between 3 and 6 month and need to be sure that I can put clone of my system and doesn't want to reinstal w8 and all softwares

I need to boot and put again my own clone for being able to work 1 hour after any crash

This device is for working not for discussing about windows problem

• padgett

Will it work with XP ? XP is pretty good with 512MB memory and you could create a virtual machine on Win 8. I would not want to try to run a Win 7 VM with only about 1.7 GB available.

• Koussouros

My question is nvery simlple

Why this device is not able to boot on usb with bootable support (hdd, cd, key...)

You like to give answer you have but not to answer to my question

• padgett

I just booted mine from a Windows to Go Workspace drive built with a desktop running Windows 8.1 Enterprise. NP.

It does require a USB keyboard and "F12" boot enabled in the BIOS or the boot order changed in the BIOS.

It is designed not to be able to boot from or even recognise a "removable" drive unless you use the Microsoft ISO to USB converter and then the ISO must be configured for UEFI and signed by either Microsoft or Acer. (basically either Windows 8 or 8.1).

• Koussouros

Hi

I said you that thes acer bios has only one boot proposal

boot from hdd

and boot from unknowdevice

do you have booted after complete formatting or crash ?

acer only propose a dvd but this dvd is not able to boot on acer

you imagine that I have not to make profesisonal work for having boot on machine

one clone made form software has to be able to boot for restaurating any crash

you understand that if I need to do what you do for booting despite they give a dvd that doen'st boot, there is a problem....

do you know if hyper V work on tablet and that permit to instal solidworks ?

This discussion has been closed.