Need Contact Details for an Acer Authorised Repair Center in Adelaide, South Australia pls

PeterG777
PeterG777 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

The Acer website seems to be sending me in circles with no signs of success in locating a repairer.. Does anyone know of an Acer Repair Centre in Adelaide? I need a replacement WT3_Card Rev 1.04 (small daughterboard which has the 64gb Memory chip, sim slot and microsd card slot on it) for my Acer Iconia W511.

Originally I contacted a company called 'topitservice' who were not able to identify the replacement part in their catalogue yet somehow were able to quote me $509 ex GST for the replacement! Which seemed very dodgy to me...

I've searched world-wide for this part, and can only find a 32gb card built for a model w500, which as I've found out, doesn't work in the W511.

I have two Acer Iconia W511 units I need replacement daughterboards for, I really don't want th just bin them as this part is all they need to be fully functional again.. So i'm desperately trying to locate an Acer Authorised Service Centre in Adelaide.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

For information, here is the part number of the mainboard:

Spoiler
    Part numberDescription
    NB.L0N11.001MAIN BD.W511.3G.64G
    France
  • PeterG777

Tinkerer

Hi, thanks for your reply but this isn't the correct part. I need the *daughterboard* which only has the 64gb ssd chip, sim card slot and microsd card slot on it. Here is the exact part I need:

20141115_041434-500x500 - Copy.jpg20141115_041511.jpg

I have managed to source 1 of these, in a small online parts shop in Moscow of all places.. This part seems to be as rare as hens teeth, yet every W511 needs it to function..

• nazcool
    nazcool Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

Just wonder if you could solve the issue. I have also bought two tab from them, could not do anything yet. Where did you buy the parts from?

Thanks

• PeterG777

Tinkerer

I bought the part from the US on eBay.. I've since given up on all things 'Acer', this was pretty much the last straw for me.. For a company to not know how their own tech works is beyond me.. Part fitted fine, the machines now stops at 'Secure storage authentication failed' (see thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets/Acer-Iconia-W511-Secure-storage-authentication-failed-boot-issue/m-p/502196#M21102)..

One 'repair centre' quoted me $500 to 'repair' the issue! I bought the part for $25 on eBay... And Acer seem to not be willing to share the information to set up the new part and get it working in the unit to get past the 'Secure storage authentication failed' message..

It's a shame, I'm responsible for looking after a lot of clients here in Adelaide, tech-wise. I'll be recommending alternate brand products from now on.

• voyager
    voyager Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

I also have 4 units thru E&C Auctions. Like you I find them to be incomplete and am looking for the same WT3 board.

Everyone I have spoken to have no idea what I'm talking about. I want to try to get these up and running too so any advice you can provide about the missing parts would be appreciated. If you are binning them because of your bad experience I would be interested in the parts. Please let me know

Cheers