My Acer One 10 won't charge & turn on.

Cassandra
Cassandra Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives

My Acer One 10 won't charge or turn on. It's only 3 weeks old, I only use it for 2-3 hours indoors.

My cable charger doesn't have any defects because I tried using it from one of my friend's Acer Aspire One and it works perfectly fine, even my bluetooth earphones responds from charging. I've tried all the methods and suggestions from my friends and in the internet but none of them works. What should I do? Should I replace it w/ a brand new or look for a better but inexpensive one?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Give Acer support service a call, since you are under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dennis2
    Dennis2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same exact problem. I think it's the laptop itself. I've also check my cable charger if theres any cuts or bend but nothing. I've also tried using the charger on my other devices like my ASUS tablet and it works well. I've never bump or depleted my laptop battery to zero and I rarely use it for storing documents & files. Last time I check there are no viruses & whatsoever that may have caused it not to work.

I think my laptop is plain dead for no apparent reason?
  • Cassandra
    Just contacted Acer & they told me that my laptop needs a "driver update". Wtf?
  • IronFly

wasn't a firmware update?

they told driver update?

but if you can't turn it on......

• Cassandra
    I can't even turn it on.
  • Cassandra
    But I hear clicking sound when I try holding the power button. What's that supposed to mean?
  • IronFly

Cassandra, plug the AC charger and then try this:

long press power button and volume up 

check if your device is able to boot to BIOS, if so, exit without saving and let it boot

if this doesn't work, try long press power button alone (around 1 min), leave the power button and then long press power button + volume up (around 1 minute or until it boots to BIOS)

• shekhem
    shekhem Member Posts: 3 New User

i have the same concern with cassandra...i tried to press the power button and volume up together...the monitor turned on with the opening screen but after that it did not open to the windows screen. what will i do.? i hope you can reply immediately plssss....

• shekhem

by the way, thanks...i tried again your suggestions and this time it worked..thanks God bless... Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    You welcome.
  • tf
    tf Member Posts: 6 New User

I had the same problem with my Acer One 10.  I held the power button and volume up button down and voila - it started.  I hate these fixes to symptoms instead of fixing the problem.  But, that seems to be common with electronics today.  If it doesn't work, pull the plug, wait 45.44 seconds and reboot.  Oh, Well.

• shekhem

Thank you for the info...I already tried it and that's what I do also everytime it wont turn on...

• SuperCian66
    SuperCian66 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same, But mine won't show the charging light at the side, it shows that it is turned on but it is a blank screen. I Left it charging all night what should I do?

• tf
    tf Member Posts: 6 New User

How do you know it is turned on with the blank screen? 

I would try holding down the volume up button and the on/off button for at least 20 seconds, and then just press the on/off button.  I have no idea why this has worked for me. 

I no longer shut down the system, just restart it now and again. 

• Daphnée
    Daphnée Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you, Cassandra, your help in resolving my laptop problem worked the second time I tried it.