Keyboard doesn't work at login after period of sleep on W4-821 tablet

cgstocks
cgstocks Member Posts: 4 New User

Whenever my W4-821 tablet has been dormant for some period (not sure exactly how long is needed for the problem to appear - about an hour or so), the keyboard doesn't work properly in the login screen.  Typically, the CTRL key shows as being pressed (if using the on screen keyboard).  The problem occurs regardles of whether the on screen keyboard or a Bluetooth keyboard is used.

It's usually possible to stop the CTRL key from showing as pressed, but no characters are recognised when typing, making it impossible to login.  The only fix is to perform a restart, after which the keyboard (on screen or Bluetooth) operates correctly.

Answers

• robw3
    robw3 Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter

Does the same thing happen if you leave it for some time with the bluetooth keyboard disconnected?  I've had my BT keyboard do weird inputs sometimes and that will show up on the on-screen keyboard (i.e. if shift lock is on).

• cgstocks
    cgstocks Member Posts: 4 New User

robw3 wrote:

Does the same thing happen if you leave it for some time with the bluetooth keyboard disconnected?  I've had my BT keyboard do weird inputs sometimes and that will show up on the on-screen keyboard (i.e. if shift lock is on).

Yes, it makes no difference whether the BT keyboard is powered or not.  However, I don't disable bluetooth.  If disabling bluetooth every time I put the tablet to sleep is the 'fix', it's more inconvenient than performing a restart!

• robw3
    robw3 Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter

I doubt turning off the BT will be the solution.  I was just trying to rule out the BT keyboard as a cause for the problem.