Iconia w700 does not display Charms Bar or "Ring"

glynell12
glynell12 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a new Iconia w7.  I'm frustrated that "Charms Bar" does not appear when I swipe at right edge of screen --> towards center.  also the 5-finger tap is supposed to display Acer "Ring", but that doesn't work either.

How can I get Charms Bar to appear?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• VictorJr
    VictorJr Member Posts: 6 New User
    Answer ✓

Hi, my iconia w700 is in german, the names are maybe called different in english, I'm trying to translate it.

try pressing Windows-key+C and go to your pc-settings, pc and devices, and go to "corners and borders" and there you can see the cornernavigation and thats where you can enable charms.

And sadly you cant get acer ring to work anymore because acer took it from the 2013 manufactured devices because of some errors if I remember correctly..

Answers

• VictorJr
    VictorJr Member Posts: 6 New User
    Answer ✓

Hi, my iconia w700 is in german, the names are maybe called different in english, I'm trying to translate it.

try pressing Windows-key+C and go to your pc-settings, pc and devices, and go to "corners and borders" and there you can see the cornernavigation and thats where you can enable charms.

And sadly you cant get acer ring to work anymore because acer took it from the 2013 manufactured devices because of some errors if I remember correctly..

• ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter

Its good actually to get rid of the Ring, it just duplicates the features already built in Windows and takes 300 MB of space.

For the charms bar, try restarting the tablet, and resetting the calibration from desktop control panel.

• glynell12

Thank you for replying, I don't care about the Ring so much, especially now that you told how much space it hogs! 

I did try restarting the tablet and doing calibration from desktop control panel.  Bottom line: I want to get into "Settings" for the tablet.  From reading and research I've done, including the disappointing and lame User Manual, I have to tap the Settings charm.  There is the keyboard shortcut Windows button + C (to display charms) and Windows button + I (to get into tablet Settings).  But I can't get keyboard to work either.  Such a pain.  I'm patient and methodical, but I'm wondering if I got a "lemon" with problems.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Try turning the tablet into portrait mode or upside down to get the charm bar. If you have the tablet in a case try pulling it out. I know my case really cuts down on the ease of pulling the charm bar out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • glynell12

Yeah, I tried portrait/landscape/upside down, turn it on/off and doing restart.  Interesting that you say you've had hard time pulling Charms bar onto the screen.  I wonder if it's a common issue.  Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow, I'm taking a break from cursing at the machine!  Smiley Frustrated

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I have no problem if the case is off, but I hardly ever use it with the case off. :-)

I can always get the charm bar out, I just either have to think about it or take two tries...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter

I think the last resort would be refreshing Windows, give it a shot.

This discussion has been closed.