Iconia W700 Bluetooth Keyboard not working

Platinum
Platinum Member Posts: 1 New User
My iconia w700's keyboard can't connect to the tablet. I've been stuck with trying to fix it for the past 40 minutes so please help! When I search for devices, only digital media severs show. I have also been trying to connect my Logitech wireless mouse to it, but it cannot connect like the keyboard.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Try bringing up Bluetooth Settings (easiest to just use the search on the charm bar), choose add / remove devices and remove the entry for the keyboard. Once it's removed redo the pairing process. Sometimes Windows can get a little confused, and it doesn't bother to try again after it's failed to connect... At least not for quite a while, possibly involving a reboot. Man Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • swithers
    swithers Member Posts: 1 New User

In my case the dongle for bluetooth was swithced to off. I don't recall turning it off but it was as simple as turning it back on and all is good now. Smiley Happy

Thank you billsey for pointing me to the right place to start looking.

• jeffsmith000
    jeffsmith000 Member Posts: 2 New User

Ive had my iconia w700 with Bluetooth keyboard for over a year - and it just stopped working.

Ive tried removing the device and restarting - still can't connect the keyboard. I've followed the pairing instructions provided by Acer and have even tried updating my Bluetooth driver, although I'm unsure if I got the right one.

Bit of a nightmare losing the keyboard! Please help!

• billsey

Can the W700 see other bluetooth devices? If so we should be diagnosing the keyboard, if not we should diagnose the tablet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jeffsmith000
    jeffsmith000 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, I should've mentioned, I can see and connect with other Bluetooth devices. Thanks Billsey, I guess it is in fact the keyboard that's the issue.

• billsey

And it could be the keyboard or the battery on the keyboard. Do any of the lights appear normal?

This discussion has been closed.