[Iconia W4] How to keep run Spotify app when

massif75
massif75 Member Posts: 6 New User

Unlike Android tablets, when the Iconia W4 is going to a kind of sleeping mode (through Power button or after a delay), Spotify app (or any other audio app) stops and I do not have any sound going out from the tablet.

Consequently, if I want to listen to music with this tablet I have to unactivate the sleep mode.

This is constraining and drains my battery faster.

Anyone has the solution ?

There's an app "Monitor off" that could turn off the screen only but if I could solve this issue with a native Windows 8.1 solution that would be better.

Thanks in advance to the future contributors.

Answers

• Plastixx
    Plastixx Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The W4 doesn't have a true "sleep" mode; it goes into a state called connected standby. The W4 actually can play audio while in connected standby, but the app has to be coded to take advantage of it. The XBOX music app works perfectly in connected stanby. If Spotify won't work this way it's not the fault of the W4 or Windows. Tell the developer to fix the app.

• xyzaid
    xyzaid Member Posts: 42 Troubleshooter

that sound interesting for me too Smiley Wink

in fact Spofity is an "old" desktop mode software whereas xbox music is a "metro" windows8 app... perhaps we should ask Spotify to create a true metro style windows app for this to work ?

• Plastixx
    Plastixx Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The chances of there being an official Spotify app are probably pretty slim. Think about it, there isn't even an official YouTube app yet.

There's a 3rd party MUI app called Spotlite, but it doesn't support connected stanby. There are very strict guidlines for getting an app certified for connected stanby which might be one reason Spotlite doen't support it.

This discussion has been closed.