ICONIA W3-810 tablet stop during Software Installation

md45012
md45012 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi, I own an ICONIA w3-810 tablet who was running win 10 and stop after a driver update.I try to recover w8 with the Recovery disk(there is 4 disk).I have been able to run the 4 disks but at the Software installation step it stop working at :  Installing Intel Platform Drivers Installer Intel Plateform Drivers...  step 5/59.

I have retry the recover it it always stop at the same place.

I do not know what to do now ?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Sounds like it may be a problem with your recovery disks or a hardware problem with the computer. I suggest contacting technical support in your region to see about replacing the disks or setting the system up for service.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

Sounds like it may be a problem with your recovery disks or a hardware problem with the computer. I suggest contacting technical support in your region to see about replacing the disks or setting the system up for service.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

How long do you let it wait ? I have seen a recovery take hours. I usually install from USB that has an activity light and make sure that is not off for long.

• md45012
    md45012 Member Posts: 2 New User

HI,

I finally download Windows 8 on an USB key and load it in my tablet.

Everything is OK now  so it was a recovery disk problem.

Thank you for your help.

• Blayn-Acer
    That is great news md45012.
  • b_arunkumar16
    b_arunkumar16 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My tab is not working it means while charging only it was working otherwise completely shut down how do I fix this problem please help me
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

If the tablet works when the charger is plugged in but doesn't work when it is not, the problem is most likely the battery, less likely the connection between the battery and the rest of the electronics. Touch base with Acer service and they can fix it for you, contact any other decent technician and they can also repair it, or do some Googling and find a video that explains how to replace the battery yourself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.