Help which drivers do I download for my PCI drivers. I don't know if it is my Card Reader or what??

Options
judybugtwo
judybugtwo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am missing My Pci Device, Pci Simple comunications Controller, and system DMA Controller and should there be two of them because it is showing two. The problem is when I am shown the downloads for drivers there is no PCI driver so is the PCI drivers called something else??   I am 66 years old and not computer savy. another thing when I do download I have no set.exe so I will I have to find the file they were downloaded in and update driver using that file I have a Aspire one 1-431 I wish there was a download for them where I could just push a button and WA LA there they are. Can anyone help this poor old lady. Thanks lol thanks everybody I would really appreciate anyones help. 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

I'm guessing you have a Cloudbook, the Aspire One model AO1-431. I'll ask the moderators to move this thread to the Windows notebooks section. Are you finding that the drivers are missing when you run Device Manager or is there some other indication or error message?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • judybugtwo
    judybugtwo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Yes I have a aspire notebook ao1-431 chromebook 14 yes in the device mgr under other there are yellow exclamations. I tried to update them but the system isnt finding them. It tells me go yo mfg site but when i do the site gives me drivers bou none say pci. Also i do not have a option to automatically download them. I am a computer dummy this computer is my entertainment I live alone without it im sad. Can you tell me how and what to download ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

The key is Cloudbook, not Chromebook. Chromebooks don't run Windows so there's no Device Manager.

If you go to the Acer support site for your model, you can download the needed drivers. Try the chipset driver first... Though I believe the card reader is a separate download.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.