Hard disk available memory W700

alanshepherd000
alanshepherd000 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have just bought a second hand Acer W700 from Ebay. I have carried out a factory restore using the acer disks. My concern is that although the unit has a128Gb hard drive the available memory is only 77Gb, is this normal ?

Answers

• OrionBG
    OrionBG Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter

Out of the 128GB you actually have 109GB for C: drive. The rest is for the Recovery partition and UEFI partition.

Windows 8 and the programs that come with it (the ACER installed ones) take 20 something GB of storage and the several (hundred) updates take same more space so you are about right with what you have now!

• hussain2603
    hussain2603 Member Posts: 1 New User

.In a year,i used ACER laptop,but the laptop has so mny problems.At first,the laptop cannot be on.So I decided and sent to the center,the next day the customer service called and been told my laptop has 'OS PROBLEM' and they settled up the problem,but after that still remain the same problem when install the driver's.And I sent it back to them,they refer now as a liquid immerse problem and they was no warranty on it.Why have they don't check it all.Fricuds,from here we can judge how was their service.They returned to repair it and it cost RM600,moreover i am not wealty family background.RM600 is not an easy way to find,i am student and i really need to use a laptop.So I push them up by calling them day by day.Finally they passed over my laptop after 3 weeks repair.They repair the motherboard and harddisk.Once I my laptop,I used it not less than a week. The laptop can't be used,if on back.It shutdown automatically,but the power lights are on and the fan are moving fast.What's are all this?All my assigments paper works are spoilt.Even money and education effect becouse of my ACER BRAND laptop.
    They informed will have a look into it.Is this a quality that we paid a laptop costs RM2000.Even it's not include my traveling petrol charges.It they repair,what is the guarantee the problem will not rise again?

• ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter

check this out to get some more gigs on the hard disk ssd http://plive.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/acer-w700-guide-for-new-users/

This discussion has been closed.