Do you know how to access your W510's Bios?

onederer
onederer Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I had to go through an extensive keyboard conversation with the "chat line" person to get that information. I assume that he was from India, based on his name. Anyway, I wanted to access the tablet's Bios so that I could change the boot order of the drives, and if I would encounter any problems with the EUFI protocol. Tablets are not exactly built like a laptop. Namely, no physical keyboard, no common usual access to the bios. I finally found out that I had to push down on the "volume" button, and turn on the tablet. The reason that I wanted that, was to use an external USB connected DVD machine, and/or a USB connected high capaticy hard drive. Tablets are very limited in that department. I plan to connect a USB hub to the tablet. And then connect a DVD or a hard drive into that hub. It also makes is possible to use a remote wireless keyboard/mouse by plugging a USB receiver-adapter in the hub. I don't want to be bound with having to use just Windows on the tablet. With external USB devices, it makes it possible to use a LIVE Linux DVD, or a Linux hard drive. I have a Linux loaded 1TB USB hard drive that fits in my breast pocket. Thus, less worry about malware, or viruses when out into the public. Now that I know how to access the Bios, it opens up a new world of possibilities with that tablet.. Cheers!

Answers

• csmart
    csmart Member Posts: 18 New User

In BIOS, you can set the boo menu selection ON. There is option that states that Press F12 to enter boot menu in BIOS. Set it as enable. You should also disable Secure Boot. Once you do this, and connect bootable USb, it shouold detect.

• onederer
    onederer Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I wasn't sure if  should have enabled the F12 button. Guess that by now, it might be a good idea. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.