Brother MFC-7365DN install on W3 or W4

Leonid
Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Has anyone installed this Brother Laser printer to their tablet by the USB? My W3 just reports "found unidentified USB" I have tried the driver only and the complete application install. Neither help. This model is very close to the much more popular MFC-7360N. The MFC-7360N seems to install easily in WIN 8 and 8.1 by reviews. Thank you

Answers

• FerryAnoid
    FerryAnoid Member Posts: 43

Tinkerer

Did you run windows update? New hardware drivers are supplied via update as they are found.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Or go into Device Manager and one device should have a yellow triangle. Open that one and try "update driver". Let is search for one and see what happens.

• Leonid

Hi Ferry, Yes I keep updates on automatic. The Brothers support site has specific drivers for WIN 7, 8, 8.1, so I don't think it is their drivers.

• Leonid

Hi Padgett, I tried that but it did not find a new driver since it was not recognized. The yellow was showing in the system/usb section.

• yuroktold1
    yuroktold1 Member Posts: 56

Tinkerer

not sure about brother brand, but i recently was trying to instal a 15 year old hp printer to win 8.1, i believe i tried to manually download the correct driver from site and install, but that did not work out. then, i let it find automatically from internet and it got it istalled. go figure. 

• Leonid

Hi Yurok, Yes that approach does find missing drivers very well. But since the issue is "not recognized" it can't search for it.

Hey Padgett, I had to move my brothers Compaq luggable out of my way this last week! He won't part with it yet. I don't know but it may have two floppy drives! Oh my!

• JSR
    JSR Member Posts: 4 New User

I had a similar issue with our first Windows 8 laptop and our HP K550DTN printer (network).  Windows couldn't find the drivers, even after updating.  Going to the HP website said "Windows will find the drivers automatically".  So I was stuffed.

I eventually (after trawling the internet) found the Windows 8 drivers from HP for the printer and I installed the printer in the traditional way (install the drivers, then let Windows find the printer).

My network Brother printers (MFC-J470DW, MFC-295CN, MFC-5890CN) are working fine on my W4, but I've not tried a USB printer.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I plug my HP 1315 USB into everything. There is a complete HP Windows environment package on their website. I have never had a Brother printer but suspect they are the same.

If you cannot find anything specific to your printer, I would look for an All-In-One package for your printer type.

ps I have two Columbia VP-1600s, one dual floppy and the other one floppy and a 20 MB internal drive. I remember getting my first removable platter. 18" diameter and held 10 MB. Had no idea how I would ever fill it.

• Leonid

Hi JSR, Brother's site does have the proper drivers for WIN8 and 8.1 but WIN does not connect the usb device with the drivers. You are right about the install sequence, it does act like I pluged the printer in first. But I tried twice to clean out all Brother software and reinstall to no avail. I will have another chance at this next week and will put the printer on network instead of USB.

• Leonid

Hi Padgett, As I told JSR, Ihave all the drivers fresh from Brothers. You got me on the 18" disc, I only knew of 8". I see your Columbia had  "hi res" graphics too.