Android and Windows 8 DualBoot - Acer W700P

Lavoista
Lavoista Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi people, i'm David from south america and i have this great tablet since last year it's great but i would like to install it Android, so i can dualboot windows 8 and android.

i've tried to install the latest "android-4.2.2_r1-ia2" using the "Generic UEFI Installer", i've followed the steps as mentioned on the quickstart page but i have found some problems among the way, the first one was a message while trying to boot in EUFI mode saying that the:

%DiskName% has been blocked by the current security policy

then i read somewhere that setting up a superviser password would allow me to change UEFI settings, within those settings was an option to select trusted uefi files, browsing the UEFI USB created in the quickstar page and selecting all the EFI files found in a folder called efi, i could then manage to boot the first screen of the installer, and then trying the manual install option gives me an error and get stucked there...

i know some people were succesfull installing Android from the intel open source page so please could you share the steps to follow to correctly install Android and have dualboot with the great W700 Smiley Happy

please share your comments, because for sure there are many people eager to try DualBoot - Android and windows 8

Best Answer

• gunggu
    gunggu Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Disable your uefi security policy on yout boot menu, assign an administrator password and disable the security check. Dual boot android ia on w700 has been done successfully.

Answers

• gunggu
    gunggu Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Disable your uefi security policy on yout boot menu, assign an administrator password and disable the security check. Dual boot android ia on w700 has been done successfully.
  • Lavoista
    Lavoista Member Posts: 9 New User

thanks for your reply, it works!! thanks!!

• asco
    asco Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi any tips for installing win7 on android?with dual boot?

thanks

• frankprvt
    frankprvt Member Posts: 3 New User

Do you have any idea how I can delete the whole android as well as the booting option in BIOS? The OS starting speed get really slow after I install the android. Thanks man

This discussion has been closed.