Acer one 10 S1002-198L Will not Turn On

Sarimshahwar
Sarimshahwar Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

My Acer One 10 S1002-198L is a 2 in 1 laptop. My laptop was working perfectly untill today.

I attempted to Turn on the laptop and it was not turning on. So i was holding the button and nothing happen. When i did it again, the camera light turned on indacating the laptop was done shuting down but there was still a black screen.

Please help me i really dont know what to do.

Thanks

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes. The light coming on shows the battery is likely up and working, so the next step is to diagnose whether the problem is with the display or more insidious. As long as you are in warranty, just let them fix it without having to thrash through the process of trying to figure out what's wrong.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Sarimshahwar
    I have also tried holding the power button and volume down but nothing happend. Should I call acer???
  • billsey
    Answer ✓

Yes. The light coming on shows the battery is likely up and working, so the next step is to diagnose whether the problem is with the display or more insidious. As long as you are in warranty, just let them fix it without having to thrash through the process of trying to figure out what's wrong.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sarimshahwar

Thanks, But my warranty has expired.

• billsey

Dang... How handy are you? Would you feel comfortable opening it up? One thing you can try without it being too scary is to connect another monitor, IIRC you have a microHDMI port so an adapter is needed. If Windows is booting but the display is fritzed the external display should come up. If it doesn't show anything and you think it's had enough time to finish booting, try plugging in a keyboard and press Win-P, then cursor down once. The should mirror the internal and external displays. Still nothing means the problem is more complex.

Let us know if you can get any display and we'll diagnose more from there.