Acer W700 camera

jason2234
jason2234 Member Posts: 85 Troubleshooter

Does anyone know why the camera on the w700 is so rubbish at recording video. It says its 1080p recording but playback is really laggy and jumpy. The picture taking isn't to bad in normal light.

Could some proper drivers other than old Microsoft generic drivers help?

Answers

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

Search the forum there is a thread on this I believe.  Do not remember the answer for sure, I think it was to uninstall the drivers then search for new ones but not sure.

• jason2234

nope no change. using a full fresh install of win 8.1.

• jason2234

the hardware id's point this to be sunplusit SPCA2089A : Full HD/5M High-End USB2.0 NB Camera Controller

i just cant find drivers for it

Even if its not this camera/webcam the vodeo should still play back at 30 fps. It must be a driver issue

• jason2234

further details - this only affects 1080p recording not the 720p. 720p seems to record smoothly and runs back at 30 fps

1080p recording looks glitchy when recording and playback is coming out at 11 fps. Would really like this looking into Acer as i did buy this tablet with the impression the camera can record at 1080p

• jason2234

i will raise an offical complaint for this and post my replies. Can someone confirm the tablet was advertised as having 1080p recording at 30 fps?

• jason2234

ok scratch that the acer crystal camera app tablet edition solves the problem. 1080p at 30 fps no issues on 8.1.

Its a shame the Microsoft one doesn't work. How do I go about getting the Microsoft one working Smiley Happy

• jason2234

OK even weirder the Microsoft camera app now records at 1080p 30fps. It must be from drivers I've updated. I have installed this weekend the drivers listed on the acer download 8.1 list except I installed wifi drivers from driver station separately and hd4000 drivers separately (Version 15.33.5.3316 WHQL (10.18.10.3316) )

It was 100% not working when i posted on Friday last week after my driver installs i have a working 1080p recording camera.

• jason2234

so has anyone tried this yet on 8.1 with latest drivers. 1080p recording is fixed with full 30 fps. the video in normal light is actually very good.

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

Having quite a conversation with yourself aren't you :-)  Sorry there hasn't been more help but I'd guess you will help others with your information.

I have not updated to 8.1 as there have been a lot of problems so far, think I will wait awhile longer.

How is your camera on still pics?  Mine is grainy to the point of why bother using it.  Pics aren't worth taking in room light.  Much better out doors but not all that great then.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,711 Trailblazer

exscentric wrote:

How is your camera on still pics?  Mine is grainy to the point of why bother using it.  Pics aren't worth taking in room light.  Much better out doors but not all that great then.

Close ups seem to be just fine in room light, but I agree that they are pretty grainy when you're farther away.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jason2234

low light is still pretty bad but there is a definite improvement here also specifically in day light.

I posted this around the same day 8.1 was released so most people were posting on 8.1 issues. also there are quite a lot of people who have long forgotten this tablet had a camera because it was so rubbish.

• RandyV
    RandyV Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon

The video under Windows 8.0 was horrible,  I didn't think to check it again until I saw this thread.  Under 8.1 it is greatly improved.  Low light is still horrible, but the jerkiness under both 720 and 1080 is definitely gone.

• jason2234

Not just me with the working camera then Smiley Happy Thaks RandyV

This discussion has been closed.