Acer W510 Eduroam Wlan Problem

DaOrd
DaOrd Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey guys,

i have now my tablet since a few months. So far it works quite good.

But i have a problem with connecting to my university wlan. The system is a eduroam system (Here you can see more about it: Link to Univerity Site).

I can connect without any problems to the network and the internet also works, but than i wait a few minutes and the connection is "limited". Then i click on "Solve Problems". Often this do not work, but sometimes it says: "Default Gateway was not found" and it work again for a few minutes, than i get the same problem. But often the whole wlan starts hanging (Can not click on connections and so on). Then i have to restart the tablet and i can connect again for a few minutes.

But for one or two times it worked really long (more than a few hours).

I already talked with the univerity support center, there is no problem from there site. I have the current drivers and everything is up to date. At home i don't have any problems with the wlan.

Hope you can help me.

Greets David

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There are driver updates for this model.  I get my updates from http://www.acer.it/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Sounds like an authentication issue.  University IT dept should really be able to resolve this, a shame they have not.

Good luck ! Smiley Happy

• DaOrd
    DaOrd Member Posts: 2 New User

I already have the newest drivers for my device.

And for all students the network works without problems (I also don't have problems on my phone), and i don't think that it is a problem caused by the university.

Any other ideas? Thanks

Greets David

This discussion has been closed.