Acer Switch Alpha 12

DaveCPT
DaveCPT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good Morning ALl

i just need someone with teh same model to check for me on theirs. I have had my Acer switch for a little over three weeks and sent it back as the power cord once fitted into teh charging port wiggles around . Almost like the prt is loose on the inside of the unit. I sent it back as its still under guarantee , but was told there is nothign wrong. But i still have the concern.

if any one could juts check and feedback it would be a huge help. Oh i must say that teh charging port is working its not that its not charging , it just wiggles around which is abnormal whne you thing about all other laptop charging ports etc.

Many Thanks All

Dave Cape Town

Best Answer

• RandyV
    RandyV Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I've had my SA12 for over a year and the cord wiggles around in the power port quite a bit when fully inserted.  My SA12 is my primary machine and I use it extensively.   I have plugged and unplugged the power cord hundreds of times over the last 13 months and still works and charges without issue - despite the play in the cord.  

IMHO, as long as you don't strain the cord while it's plugged in, I think you'll be fine.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

I've had my SA12 for a year or more. There's a positive feel in the last couple of mm when inserting the power plug. Before that there is quite a bit of play, after still some but not as much. That last bit is when the spring engages the barrel of the plug, holding it in place. If yours is acting the same then you are likely good to go.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RandyV
    RandyV Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I've had my SA12 for over a year and the cord wiggles around in the power port quite a bit when fully inserted.  My SA12 is my primary machine and I use it extensively.   I have plugged and unplugged the power cord hundreds of times over the last 13 months and still works and charges without issue - despite the play in the cord.  

IMHO, as long as you don't strain the cord while it's plugged in, I think you'll be fine.

• DaveCPT
    DaveCPT Member Posts: 2 New User

Many Thanks to all that replied , i feel more comfortable now.

Have a good day and thanks again.