Acer One s1002 keyboard not docking

knighten
knighten Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I do not see my specific problem. About 3-4 weeks ago my Acer One S1002 stop recognizing the keyboard when the tablet docked. The tablet works fine.  When I dock the tablet to the keyboard, nothing happens. I have shutdown, restarted, and checked the keyboard software for updates.  Can someone help?

Answers

• borzman
    borzman Member Posts: 2 New User

Same issue here. Does the USB port work? Can system recognize hard drive?

• AMannibal
    AMannibal Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Try cleaning the dock and tablet contacts with cotton and alcohol, then  dry it, then rub the contacts with a rubber eraser.

If that doesn't work check device manager if there's any driver problems (yellow triangle with exclamatiob amtk beside device name). If none, check for the ff under USB devices in device manager

1. USB root hub.

This is on the tablet so if it's bot there then you may have a big problem

2. USB Composite Device

3. USB Generic Hub

These two are on the dock, if they don't appear then the problem is very likely a connector problem

Also still in device manager, check under keyboards. Mine has 2 HID Compliant Keyboards listed when the dock kb is working. If there's 2 and the kb is not responding then it might be a hardware problem with the keyboard

• knighten
    Not recognizing the usb...
  • knighten
    None of the steps have worked.
    Under the device Manager>keyboard, there is only one choice HID keyboard device.
  • Patz
    Patz Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem with the same product and none of the workarounds is working. Someone please help.

• billvt
    billvt Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

It is likely a ribbon cable issue inside the tablet portion. The ribbon cable on mine was not properly attached and after time came out of the connector. The solution is for someone who can open the tablet (display) part and reattach the cable to the keyboard connector properly.