Acer One 10

avaughan5
avaughan5 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi,

I've had an acer one 10 laptop/tablet for about 6 months now, and for some reason now it won't turn on. When I plug it in to the mains charger it shows a blue light, and as soon as I press the power button the blue light goes off after about 5-6 seconds. I've also tried the volume down with the power button, also the volume up with power button and still not turning on.

I wonder if anyone could help, as acer say to send it to them, but I could do without sending it to them as I need it for work.

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

First step is always a 30 second press of the power button by itself. That forces a hardware power down if the tablet is stuck in one of the sleep modes. The power and volume stuff only works if it's already powered down.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • avaughan5
    avaughan5 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, I've done this but still nothing. When I press the on button and put my ear to the tablet/laptop I can hear it working, and then it just turns off, but no screen turning on

Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

I'm afraid that sounds like a hardware problem, it's not getting through POST so not starting the OS load. Best to contact Acer support to see about warranty repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.